Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Libraries and TheIDE: i18n, Unicode and Internationalization » MultiByte Coding: one half of Chinese chars displayed [BUG?]
BugQuestion.gif  MultiByte Coding: one half of Chinese chars displayed [BUG?] [message #2953] Mon, 01 May 2006 11:44 Go to next message
imkow is currently offline  imkow
hey i just started to use U++ days ago, not until yesterday i began to examin it seriously. its a wonderful tool by all standards.

but when i trying to type chinese in unicode coding, the IDE failed to display my language properly. It only shows an half of each single character, making me think this a bug.

Would you honorable developers fix this problem for our east users. Very Happy

regards!

[Updated on: Thu, 04 May 2006 14:57] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Bug: MultiByte Coding [message #2956 is a reply to message #2953] Mon, 01 May 2006 13:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fudadmin is currently offline  fudadmin
Ultimate Contributor
Administrator
if you need only to see in the CodeEditor window and compile your packages with unicode chars, then you can try from Project/PackageOrganizer... menu set Encoding (top left corner). I guess, this way (and language synchronizing) you can compile your language ide as well. (But I'm no prof in this area...)
Re: Bug: MultiByte Coding [message #2958 is a reply to message #2953] Mon, 01 May 2006 13:59 Go to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
imkow wrote on Mon, 01 May 2006 05:44

hey i just started to use U++ days ago, not until yesterday i began to examin it seriously. its a wonderful tool by all standards.

but when i trying to type chinese in unicode coding, the IDE failed to display my language properly. It only shows an half of each single character, making me think this a bug.

Would you honorable developers fix this problem for our east users. Very Happy

regards!

Which platform? (Linux/X11 or Win32)?

Frankly, living placed in central europe, I was pretty much aware then not everything will be OK when U++ meats the far east Wink

I will need to investigate how to write chinese characters in TheIDE first and also how they should look like... Will you help? (actully, this is about perfect timing as we are now working on Draw and similar core problems).

Mirek
Previous Topic: CtrlCore: X11App.cpp should #include <locale.h> [BUG][FIXED]
Next Topic: unicode input in edit ctrls
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 23:13:00 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00858 seconds