FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Core » 6715 nightly build
6715 nightly build [message #41605] Sat, 04 January 2014 18:50 Go to next message
mtdew3q is currently offline  mtdew3q
Experienced Member

Hi-

I received this message on building gui ctrlib app with this line of code. I just checked to see that it would build something before getting started.

I will try a couple of nights ago in a few minutes and see how it goes.

#include <CtrlLib/CtrlLib.h>

using namespace Upp;

GUI_APP_MAIN
{
		PromptOK("Hello world");
}

I think ctrlib was named .icpp so I changed it to .cpp also. I am going to try another build out. THANKS. ERRORS below. I am using windows with gcc mingw 32 bit.

----- Core ( GUI SSE2 GCC32 DEBUG DEBUG_FULL BLITZ WIN32 ) (6 / 9)
BLITZ: Cpu.cpp Mt.cpp sheap.cpp String.cpp WString.cpp StrUtil.cpp Bom.cpp Path.cpp NetNode.cpp App.cpp Stream.cpp BlockStream.cpp FilterStre
am.cpp Log.cpp Debug.cpp Ini.cpp Util.cpp mathutil.cpp Random.cpp LocalProcess.cpp Vcont.cpp Hash.cpp Callback.cpp TimeDate.cpp Value.cpp Val
ueUtil.cpp Format.cpp Convert.cpp Color.cpp Gtypes.cpp t.cpp Lang.cpp LangInfo.cpp parser.cpp XML.cpp Xmlize.cpp JSON.cpp Uuid.cpp Ptr.cpp z.
cpp Topic.cpp CoWork.cpp MD5.cpp SHA1.cpp InetUtil.cpp Socket.cpp Http.cpp WebSocket.cpp Dli.cpp Win32Util.cpp
OL_Set.cpp
In file included from C:/upp/out/MyApps/Core/MINGW.Debug.Debug_Full.Gui.Sse2\$blit z.cpp:453:0:
C:\upp\uppsrc\Core\Socket.cpp: In function 'int Upp::sGetAddrInfo(const char*, const char*, int, addrinfo**)':
C:\upp\uppsrc\Core\Socket.cpp:45:47: error: 'getaddrinfo' was not declared in this scope
return getaddrinfo(host, port, &hints, result);
^
C:\upp\uppsrc\Core\Socket.cpp: In static member function 'static DWORD Upp::IpAddrInfo::Thread(void*)':
C:\upp\uppsrc\Core\Socket.cpp:67:24: error: 'freeaddrinfo' was not declared in this scope
freeaddrinfo(result);
^
C:\upp\uppsrc\Core\Socket.cpp: In member function 'void Upp::IpAddrInfo::Clear()':
C:\upp\uppsrc\Core\Socket.cpp:151:28: error: 'freeaddrinfo' was not declared in this scope
freeaddrinfo(entry->addr);
^
heaputil.cpp
RichText: 22 file(s) built in (0:07.06), 321 msecs / file, duration = 13572 msecs, parallelization 100%
lheap.cpp
heap.cpp
heapdbg.cpp
CharSet.cpp
Core: 56 file(s) built in (0:09.71), 173 msecs / file, duration = 16162 msecs, parallelization 86%

There were errors. (1:07.90)
Re: 6715 nightly build [message #41606 is a reply to message #41605] Sat, 04 January 2014 19:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member

Hi-

Not sure what I am doing wrong. I tried three different nightly builds. #6693, 6702, 6715. Same error.

I download a nightly build and click install. It tells me to uninstall, so I click okay. Then, after waiting a few minutes, it says uninstall successful. Then I click install and point it to g++.exe, and have it add a mingw build method. I have c:\MinGW\bin for my executable directory.

I don't know if that is a 'critical error', or if it is not, is there is a way to bypass it?

I hope you are not angry if I am doing something kooky.

thanks,
jim

Re: 6715 nightly build [message #41611 is a reply to message #41605] Sun, 05 January 2014 18:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member

Hi Mirek-

I did a little more testing. Somehow the uppsrc is backported into the stable release (I think).

I am on vacation and only code once in a while for a hobby. I had 130 hours comp at work, so I am disappearing for a while.

I wanted to code a little, and I narrowed it down between Java, C++, and Python with tkinter. Python makes a lot of things easy but your system is really cool compared to tkinter. I know how to code in Tkinter, but I like the gui builder for TK called TkProE. Did you know Java uses 32 mb of ram minimum for each process in task manager? It takes like 128 mb of ram or so minimum for a simple application that is a gui like swt with hibernate and apache derby.

I want to test out Novo's firebird in the bazaar. I don't know if I can install two different versions of firebird on my machine. I will try and only intend on running one version at a time.

have a cool weekend,
jim

Re: 6715 nightly build [message #41612 is a reply to message #41605] Sun, 05 January 2014 19:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member

Mirek,

I have an old version of stable 5485 for Ubuntu from ppa that works fine on my Linux box.

The windows installer may have got hacked. I don't think for one second that Mirek backports to stable. I have my suspicions but I don't want those people after me, so I keep quiet.

I wish I didn't have to live so cloak and dagger, but you know how it is .... one car leaves one car remains.

Good luck Mirek and keep your wits about you.

I am going to program in Linux now instead of Windows.

jim

Re: 6715 nightly build [message #41625 is a reply to message #41612] Mon, 06 January 2014 15:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
The problem is mingw, right now it cannot be considered to be officially supported. Please download the free M$ Windows SDK with Visual C++.

Supporting MINGW is just too much trouble for too little gain (it is worse compiler overall on windows..).

Mirek
Re: 6715 nightly build [message #41631 is a reply to message #41605] Mon, 06 January 2014 18:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member

okay mirek,sounds cool.

I will look into that. Right now, I can just use linux, but in the near future, if I want Ultimate++ on my win 7 notebook, I will get rid of mingw.

thanks so much,
jim
Re: 6715 nightly build [message #41641 is a reply to message #41631] Tue, 07 January 2014 08:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
koldo is currently offline  koldo
Senior Veteran
Hello Jim

I advice you to update your MinGW copy. A good option is to install TDM-GCC that includes gcc 4.8.1.

In case it would not work please include your OS version.

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: 6715 nightly build [message #41650 is a reply to message #41605] Tue, 07 January 2014 23:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member

Hi Koldo-

I tried to build using TDM with Win 7 service pack 1.

I had to comment out these few lines to get it to build. The lines I commented were from upp/uppsrc/Core/parser.cpp Do you think that is okay to try or would you be leery? It builds a ctrlib app but not without tweaking, and I am not sure what I disabled.

Sorry I didn't get back sooner, but I had repairs going on today in my apt (that went well) and then went into work for a bit.

Thanks very much for trying another idea.
jim

#ifdef PLATFORM_WIN32
	// _clearfp();
#endif

#ifdef PLATFORM_WIN32
   // if(_clearfp() & SW_OVERFLOW) 
//	ThrowError("number is too big");
#endif

Linking...
C:/upp/out/MyApps/Core/MINGW.Debug.Debug_Full.Gui.Sse2\parse r.o: In function `ZN3Upp7CParser10ReadDoubleEv':
C:/upp/uppsrc/Core/parser.cpp:245: undefined reference to `Upp::_clearfp()'
C:/upp/uppsrc/Core/parser.cpp:268: undefined reference to `Upp::_clearfp()'
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

There were errors. (0:07.80)
Re: 6715 nightly build [message #41661 is a reply to message #41650] Wed, 08 January 2014 08:46 Go to previous message
koldo is currently offline  koldo
Senior Veteran
Hello Jim

Good job! Smile. Yes, you are right. That is a problem we have to solve now. It is described in this post.

The solution could be adding this code in parser.cpp

#if defined(COMPILER_MINGW)
extern "C" {
	_CRTIMP unsigned int __cdecl __MINGW_NOTHROW _clearfp(void);
}
#define SW_OVERFLOW    0x00000004              
#endif

Please try the fix and report your results in the other post.

Best regards
Iñaki
Previous Topic: Using USEMALLOC flag leads to errors on Log.cpp
Next Topic: Core regression between svn 6693 -> 6697
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 14:02:54 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01669 seconds