Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » U++ Developers corner » How is the u++ repository organized ?
How is the u++ repository organized ? [message #42854] Thu, 10 April 2014 19:38 Go to next message
mingodad is currently offline  mingodad
Hello !

I did a svn checkout of u++ and what I've got is a kind of mess, how is this organized ? Why there is seveal folders with duplicated code ?

It ends up without any makefile or script to build.

I tried to search "repository" on this forum but it doesn't bring up any answer for this question.

Thanks in advance for your time, attention and great work !
Re: How is the u++ repository organized ? [message #42856 is a reply to message #42854] Thu, 10 April 2014 20:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Hi,

I have added explanation of svn content here (might take a while until it is reexported):

http://www.ultimatepp.org/www$uppweb$community$en-us.html

About makefiles: U++ internally uses its own build system, so the practical equivalent of makefile(s) are .upp files in packages. To build things on commandline, you need "umk" utility. Note that umk has "export to makefile" feature which is used to provide source releases.

To get umk, you need to download source release (e.g. nightly build) and build it.

Mirek
Re: How is the u++ repository organized ? [message #42857 is a reply to message #42854] Thu, 10 April 2014 20:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oblivion is currently offline  Oblivion
Senior Contributor
Quote:

How is the u++ repository organized ? Thu, 10 April 2014 20:38
mingodad
Hello !

I did a svn checkout of u++ and what I've got is a kind of mess, how is this organized ? Why there is seveal folders with duplicated code ?

It ends up without any makefile or script to build.

I tried to search "repository" on this forum but it doesn't bring up any answer for this question.

Thanks in advance for your time, attention and great work !

Hello mingodad, and welcome to U++ forums!

If you want to use svn, I'd recommend checking out only the required directory to build U++ apps, which is http://upp-mirror.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/uppsrc (always contains the latest version)
(For example I usually download .../trunk/uppsrc, .../trunk/bazaar, .../trunk/reference directories, but only the uppsrc is mandatory).

If you use windows, just download the installer package and then checkout the directories to your preference
If you use linux, just use your distro's package manager, and install the subversion client; after your first checkout you will be able to update it from TheIDE.

Regards.

[Updated on: Thu, 10 April 2014 20:55]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How is the u++ repository organized ? [message #42858 is a reply to message #42856] Thu, 10 April 2014 21:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the explanation !
Re: How is the u++ repository organized ? [message #42859 is a reply to message #42857] Thu, 10 April 2014 21:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Also thanks and with the new added public page new commers will get a better clue about this.
Re: How is the u++ repository organized ? [message #42860 is a reply to message #42859] Thu, 10 April 2014 22:00 Go to previous message
Klugier is currently offline  Klugier
Senior Contributor
Hello Mirek,

In my opinion the font on following site http://www.ultimatepp.org/www$uppweb$community$en-us.html is a little bit strange. Don't you think that it should looks like the font on other ultimate++ pages?

Sincerely,
Klugier

U++ - one framework to rule them all.
Previous Topic: [Compilation] Include .asm files in build
Next Topic: Value size ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:11:59 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02414 seconds