Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Compiling, Linking, Debugging of your packages » Different file versions among build methods
Different file versions among build methods [message #43289] Mon, 23 June 2014 17:46 Go to next message
crydev is currently offline  crydev
Experienced Member
Hello,

I was wondering: Is it possible to set a different file to compile into the output for different architectures? For example, in Visual Studio, you have configurations. You can select a different resources file or exports.def file (for linker input, exported functions e.g.) for each configuration. I would love to use a different resource.rc file among my build methods.

Thanks in advance!

crydev
Re: Different file versions among build methods [message #43453 is a reply to message #43289] Mon, 04 August 2014 03:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alboni is currently offline  Alboni
Experienced Member
Not directly but you can:
*Use different packages for different configurations
*Do things like :
#ifdef flagXXXX
... code for configuration XXXX
#elif defined flagYYYY
... code for configuration yyyy
#endif

*you can also include files with specific code from this #ifdef blocks, so create one rc file with just #ifdef and #include statements and have your specific code in separate .rc files that you include from the main one depending on flags. Only the main one you put in the package.
Re: Different file versions among build methods [message #43579 is a reply to message #43453] Sat, 06 September 2014 19:28 Go to previous message
crydev is currently offline  crydev
Experienced Member
Thank you for your reply Alboni!

I'm not sure whether you can define the used resource file like that. I will have a look into it though. Smile

Thanks,
crydev
Previous Topic: [TASK] Linux tar distribution should have someting like configure script
Next Topic: Debugger support for enum values would be nice
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:03:27 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01848 seconds