Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » U++ community news and announcements » ide: Find (&Replace) GUI refactored
ide: Find (&Replace) GUI refactored [message #43324] Mon, 30 June 2014 17:38 Go to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
...instead of dialog, it is now subpane of editor windows. Also, IDE is now capable if incremental searches.

I am afraid the some of behaviour will need to be yet refined, but I hope this is the step in the right direction...
Re: ide: Find (&Replace) GUI refactored [message #43350 is a reply to message #43324] Tue, 08 July 2014 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
After some initial experiences, I have slightly change incremental search behaviour (e.g. it now always searches from the start).
Re: ide: Find (&Replace) GUI refactored [message #43356 is a reply to message #43350] Fri, 11 July 2014 05:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Novo is currently offline  Novo
Ultimate Contributor
mirek wrote on Tue, 08 July 2014 03:40
After some initial experiences, I have slightly change incremental search behaviour (e.g. it now always searches from the start).

Can this be optional?
Thanks.

Regards,
Novo
Re: ide: Find (&Replace) GUI refactored [message #43357 is a reply to message #43356] Fri, 11 July 2014 10:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Novo wrote on Fri, 11 July 2014 05:24

Can this be optional?
Thanks.

Sure. Anyway, do you mean "Incremental" (which already is optional), or searching from the beginning?

Note that I have made the change after two weeks of using the feature, with incremental mode not searching from the start is really confusing IMO...

But I am definitely open to debate here to finetune this.
Re: ide: Find (&Replace) GUI refactored [message #43366 is a reply to message #43357] Sat, 12 July 2014 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Didier is currently offline  Didier
Contributor
Well I agree with Novo,

Search from start is not what we usually expect for the "search" feature : find always starts where the cursor is currently positioned (this is true in many editors).
So if it goes all the way up the file each time ... this can get a little annoying I think
Re: ide: Find (&Replace) GUI refactored [message #43368 is a reply to message #43366] Sat, 12 July 2014 18:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Didier wrote on Sat, 12 July 2014 11:02
Well I agree with Novo,

Search from start is not what we usually expect for the "search" feature : find always starts where the cursor is currently positioned (this is true in many editors).
So if it goes all the way up the file each time ... this can get a little annoying I think

I repeat: This is only for "incremental" search. There were some confusing issues, e.g. you search for "Foo", found one, then decide that it might have been "foo", click "Ignore case", but that "foo" was before cursor and incremental search sees only things after cursor...

So once again, I am OK with adding "from cursor" option for incremental search, but I think it would only add more confusion...
Re: ide: Find (&Replace) GUI refactored [message #43371 is a reply to message #43357] Mon, 14 July 2014 05:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor
mirek wrote on Fri, 11 July 2014 04:21
Novo wrote on Fri, 11 July 2014 05:24

Can this be optional?
Thanks.

Sure. Anyway, do you mean "Incremental" (which already is optional), or searching from the beginning?

Sorry for the delay with the answer.
I mean searching from the beginning.
Actually, current behavior of search is quite weird. Each time I need to search for something I get positioned at the first occurrence of a previously searched string (ESC won't restore my position). What I really want is to be able to search incrementally from my current position forward/backward, and optionally from the beginning/end of the document.

Thanks.

Regards,
Novo
Re: ide: Find (&Replace) GUI refactored [message #43377 is a reply to message #43371] Mon, 14 July 2014 14:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
OK:

There is now "from cursor" option for Incremental find.

There is also a new option in Environment that can activate return to starting position on incremental find, when pressing Esc.
Re: ide: Find (&Replace) GUI refactored [message #43378 is a reply to message #43377] Tue, 15 July 2014 05:33 Go to previous message
Ultimate Contributor
mirek wrote on Mon, 14 July 2014 08:55
OK:

There is now "from cursor" option for Incremental find.

There is also a new option in Environment that can activate return to starting position on incremental find, when pressing Esc.

Thanks a lot!

Regards,
Novo
Previous Topic: LineEdit (and therefore ide too) now can do rectangular selections
Next Topic: ide features
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:34:04 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01985 seconds