Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Widgets - General questions or Mixed problems » mixed RichEdit widget with MFC Dialog. (Is there any way to Imbed RichEdit into MFC Dialog)
mixed RichEdit widget with MFC Dialog. [message #43513] Thu, 14 August 2014 19:03 Go to next message
mail863 is currently offline  mail863
Promising Member
I have a project which using MFC Dialog, now I'm adding TextEdit function into this dialog,
I find Upp and it is awesome, excellent, Upp has concept of how to use C++ in a good thinking.

I visited this forum and learned how to use it by myself, but now I still don't know howto imbed RichEdit widget into my already existed MFC Dialog.

can mirek or somebody else give me any advices?

Thanks in advance!
Re: mixed RichEdit widget with MFC Dialog. [message #43516 is a reply to message #43513] Fri, 15 August 2014 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
mail863 wrote on Thu, 14 August 2014 19:03
I have a project which using MFC Dialog, now I'm adding TextEdit function into this dialog,
I find Upp and it is awesome, excellent, Upp has concept of how to use C++ in a good thinking.

I visited this forum and learned how to use it by myself, but now I still don't know howto imbed RichEdit widget into my already existed MFC Dialog.

can mirek or somebody else give me any advices?

Thanks in advance!

Thinking about the issue, perhaps one possible way would be to use existing OCX support. Look at examples/OleCalc.

IMO first try if you can embed OleCalc into your dialog. If that is possible, just change OleCalc to contain RichEdit instead Smile

Mirek
Re: mixed RichEdit widget with MFC Dialog. [message #43517 is a reply to message #43516] Fri, 15 August 2014 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Promising Member
Hi mirek, Thank you very much for your quickly reply.

I study Ctrl class a lot, and thinking if is is possible to use a Top level Ctrl in MFC Dialog Class, and maintain this Top level Ctrl, calculate its position, maintain msg route by myself etc, and the richedit can be a child Ctrl of it?

I didn't begin to do this, Just thinking is it possible.
Re: mixed RichEdit widget with MFC Dialog. [message #43521 is a reply to message #43517] Sat, 16 August 2014 14:35 Go to previous message
Promising Member
Hi mirek, I studied UPP Ctrl's code a lot today, and try to add a method named AttachHwnd in class Ctrl, which create a Top object and attach an existed MFC hwnd to it in my custom created Ctrl, which contains a RichEdit. I think this method can satisfy with my need.

index.php?t=getfile&id=4594&private=0

However I cannot implement/resolve it thoroughly, there still left many many problems,
I don't know how to set the event route and let it work elegantly.

I think this is a very useful usage, I'm wondering if UPP can support this function
originaly and if more than one Ctrl can be attached to an external created hwnd.

[Updated on: Sat, 16 August 2014 17:13]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: How to use caret / caretCtrl in a custom control [SOLVED]
Next Topic: gui in dll does not compile
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:17:36 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01791 seconds