Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Libraries and TheIDE: i18n, Unicode and Internationalization » Chinese translation of Upp application
Chinese translation of Upp application [message #43537] Tue, 26 August 2014 20:59 Go to next message
forlano is currently offline  forlano
Senior Contributor
Hello,

from China is arrived the request to translate in Chinese the menu and messages of my program. It uses by default UTF8.
In the file .t containing the translations I added CY_GB (is it correct?) language and asked to my chinese user to add the translation. Unfortunately there were errors and I was not able to compile the .t file.
I wonder if this a matter of encoding. Which one must be used?

I noticed that opening the .t file with Leafpad I can see chinese characters but when opening the file within Theide I see only white squares.

Any suggestion is very appreciated.
Luigi
Re: Chinese translation of Upp application [message #43565 is a reply to message #43537] Mon, 01 September 2014 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
There might be two issues here:

If you see correct text in Leafpad, then I would guess that you have not pasted translation using theide, which results in compilation errors.

The problem is that theide automatically 'translates' all .t file strings into 'explicit' form where non-ascii characters are translated to '\xxx' bytes. This excatly necessarry to avoid compilation problems with MSC.

Send issue is why you do see boxes instead chinesse glyphs. That might be problem in U++ or theide, if it would be possible to post .t file here (or send via PM), I would gladly check that...
Re: Chinese translation of Upp application [message #43938 is a reply to message #43565] Sat, 22 November 2014 20:29 Go to previous message
forlano is currently offline  forlano
Senior Contributor
Hi Mirek,

only now I noticed your reply. In the meanwhile the project is aborted and I have no longer the chinese file.

Luigi
Previous Topic: Convert to English characters
Next Topic: message.t file processed by other text editor
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:42:00 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01347 seconds