Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Core » A Very Strange Issue (U++ Core Bug (?))
icon1.gif  A Very Strange Issue [message #43769] Wed, 08 October 2014 03:01 Go to next message
Omnipraesens is currently offline  Omnipraesens
Promising Member
I have been experiencing a very strange error when working on some code... Every time I compile, I get this error. The particularly strange part is that without updating or editing the U++ header files, this error appeared. The previous evening, my compiles had not been failing. Anyone have a clue why this might be?

/home/CENSORED/upp/uppsrc/Core/Defs.h:424:8: error: expected unqualified-id before string constant
extern "C" byte *i; \
^

NOTE: The specific code I am working on is both non-trivial and proprietary, so unfortunately while I would love to share it I cannot. I am willing to attempt to make a compilable test program, but I would like to ask before doing that just in case the solution is trivial, obvious, or the cause is already known from previous investigation.

Thanks in advance for your consideration, and the time spent reading this message.
Re: A Very Strange Issue [message #43770 is a reply to message #43769] Wed, 08 October 2014 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

Hi Omnipraesens,

Welcome to the forum Cool

Omnipraesens wrote on Wed, 08 October 2014 03:01
Anyone have a clue why this might be?

/home/CENSORED/upp/uppsrc/Core/Defs.h:424:8: error: expected unqualified-id before string constant
extern "C" byte *i; \
Hard to say without seeing the code, but my wild guess would be missing semicolon or similar syntactic error somewhere in your code, just before you use BINARY macro. By the way, what compiler are you using?

Best regards,
Honza
Re: A Very Strange Issue [message #43774 is a reply to message #43770] Wed, 08 October 2014 23:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Didier is currently offline  Didier
Contributor
Hello Omnipraesens,

I already had the same type of issue : for me it was some bad character (that was invisible but present) that lead to the error.
I got this error by doing some copy/paste from another editor/visualiser (I don't remember which one, it was quite long ago)
Re: A Very Strange Issue [message #43784 is a reply to message #43769] Sat, 11 October 2014 19:42 Go to previous message
Omnipraesens is currently offline  Omnipraesens
Promising Member
Thanks for the responses; I found the problem, actually...
Forgot a semicolon after defining a class I had been working on. Embarassed
I make the most anticlimactic mistakes sometimes.

And BTW, I am using GCC 4.9.1-2 from the Arch repositories.

[Updated on: Sat, 11 October 2014 22:19]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: The method to directly work with GUI?
Next Topic: XmlNode class is excellent
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 23:34:26 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01056 seconds