Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Library : Other (not classified elsewhere) » GLCtrl for a newbie (When things get tricky...)
GLCtrl for a newbie [message #43817] Sun, 26 October 2014 15:53 Go to next message
giol is currently offline  giol
Hello Guys

Starting these last days my first experience with Ultimate, I'd like to thank you very much for your great job.

But, instead of simple speaking about the problem of a newbie, I think much better to show you my start with Theide by images.

So, my first hard experience as non skilled user started only when I tried to treat the OpenGL packages in the "reference" assembly, after some examples well compiled without problems.

Maybe it's not irrelevant to inform you about my best interests on the 3D graphics.

So, now, by images, these are the first hitches for a newbie:

First error...Avoided:

index.php?t=getfile&id=4642&private=0

Second error...I tried many versions, but the follow is my only one.

index.php?t=getfile&id=4643&private=0

index.php?t=getfile&id=4644&private=0

At last...The GLDrawDemo starts:

index.php?t=getfile&id=4645&private=0

I work with the last Cinnamon Linux Mint 17 - Qiana (Ubuntu Trusty Tahr 14.04), GCC 4.8.2 and NVIDIA UNIX x86_64 Kernel Module 331.38.

It's all by now, until next time when I'll talk about the more complicated experience with Ultimate and OCE (Opencascade).

Thank you Guys.

Bye.

Giol
  • Attachment: 1-2.jpg
    (Size: 1.01MB, Downloaded 583 times)
  • Attachment: 3-4.jpg
    (Size: 1.16MB, Downloaded 577 times)
  • Attachment: 5-6.jpg
    (Size: 1.11MB, Downloaded 569 times)
  • Attachment: 7-8.jpg
    (Size: 759.15KB, Downloaded 521 times)
Re: GLCtrl for a newbie [message #43819 is a reply to message #43817] Wed, 29 October 2014 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Hi,

thanks for the tutorial.

I have however somewhat unrelated question: Last time, when I was testing Cinnamon, it had a nasty bug when "zoom window on opening" effect was on - theide goes for "maximize window" early on in the code and that used to caught cinnamon WM by surprise, resulting in weird "semistate" when window was 'maximized' but zoomed down.

Have you experienced any such troubles with current version of Cinnamon, or have they fixed it already? (For me this was one of reasons to avoid Cinnamon and go with MATE).

Mirek
Re: GLCtrl for a newbie [message #43838 is a reply to message #43819] Fri, 31 October 2014 17:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
giol is currently offline  giol
Hi Mirek,

Many thanks to you.

I have to say that only recently I started with Mint Cinnamon 16 after a long period past with Debian.
The new Cinnamon 17 does not seem to have such problems.
In the Cinnamon 16 I encountered problems only with the Welcome plug-in of Qt Creator (see Link)

As you can see in the following pictures, my Cinnamon 17 UWord test doesn't seem to fail:

index.php?t=getfile&id=4649&private=0

index.php?t=getfile&id=4647&private=0

index.php?t=getfile&id=4648&private=0

I'm doing some tests with OCE.
The OCE_Test, after some troubles, finally works.
Soon I will let you know my results.

Bye.

Gio
Re: GLCtrl for a newbie [message #43924 is a reply to message #43838] Thu, 20 November 2014 18:32 Go to previous message
Klugier is currently offline  Klugier
Senior Contributor
Hello,

Some time ago, I have post compilation issue patch for GTK inspired by your post (It is not on trunk yet). Link: http://www.ultimatepp.org/redmine/issues/918. But, GTK OpenGL performance is very bad. Moreover it can lead to graphics artifacts. So, currently it is highly recomended to use X11 backend for OpenGL. How to do that? Screenshot:

index.php?t=getfile&id=4660&private=0

OpenGL tested on native linux with Nvidia drivers.

Sincerely,
Klugier

U++ - one framework to rule them all.

[Updated on: Thu, 20 November 2014 18:33]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: U++ compiles under GCC 4.9.1-2 with argument -std=c++11 are failing.
Next Topic: [Fixed] TURTLE+MT fails to link: bug or feature?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:42:31 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01125 seconds