Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Other Features Wishlist and/or Bugs » U++ Drawing/Positioning Issue with Linux Mint Mate + Compiz
icon4.gif  U++ Drawing/Positioning Issue with Linux Mint Mate + Compiz [message #43917] Tue, 18 November 2014 10:12 Go to next message
navi is currently offline  navi
Experienced Member
Test System:
OS: Linux Mint 17 Mate Desktop http://www.ultimatepp.org/forums/theme/default/images/b_url.gif
Windows Manager: Compiz ("compiz" source package in Trusty, Version 1:0.9.11.2+14.04.20140714-0ubuntu1 uploaded on 2014-07-14) http://www.ultimatepp.org/forums/theme/default/images/b_url.gif
Display Driver: Linux Kernel's built in driver.
Hardware Specs: dont think its related to hardware. is it?

Precursor:
At startup of desktop, I use compiz (OpenGL compositing window manager) to replace the regular mdm(Mdm display manager) that comes by default with Linux Mint as windows manager. Compiz is fast and fancy desktop/windows manager. However I just found that U++ seems to have some strange issues drawing and interacting with mouse position when Compiz use as windows manager.

Issue:
if a window drawn by U++ is moved in runtime then mouse positions is not updated and u++ still uses the old(expired) window position to draw or to take actions ie (mouse click left/right etc). please see the picture attached. in this picture, I moved theIDE window and then click the "File" menu. the "File" menu is drawn at the old windows location. This issue also manifest in other more severe ways that render GUI almost unusable. If one opens theIDE > Setup > Environment dialog and then moves it around, than most of the check-box refuses to take any mouse input(clicks). I believe this two problems are actually related, and somehow on window move, upp is not getting the new locations of the top window and in turn all child window objects causing it to draw in invalid locations and also trying to receive mouse input from wrong pixel locations.

this problem is not limited to only theIDE, rather applies to any program written in U++ GUI. I have tested other application written in U++ suffers from same issue.

Regards,
navi.

index.php?t=getfile&id=4658&private=0

[Updated on: Tue, 18 November 2014 18:31]

Report message to a moderator

Re: U++ Drawing/Positioning Issue with Linux Mint Mate + Compiz [message #43919 is a reply to message #43917] Tue, 18 November 2014 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Klugier is currently offline  Klugier
Senior Contributor
Hello,

Can you write more information about your Upp distribution (version, backend (X11 or GTK))?

If it is not the latest (nightly) version try to download and build it. Link: http://www.ultimatepp.org/www$uppweb$nightly$en-us.html. After that please write your observations in this topic.

Sincerely,
Klugier

U++ - one framework to rule them all.
Re: U++ Drawing/Positioning Issue with Linux Mint Mate + Compiz [message #43920 is a reply to message #43919] Tue, 18 November 2014 17:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
SOLVED. I was using 5886 from stable ppa. changed the ppa to nightly build. updated to 7886. problem solved. local source update & clean rebuild fixed other apps as well. I think backend is GTK, as NOGTK flag is not in use.

many thanks,
navi.

[Updated on: Tue, 18 November 2014 18:24]

Re: U++ Drawing/Positioning Issue with Linux Mint Mate + Compiz [message #43921 is a reply to message #43920] Tue, 18 November 2014 18:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Klugier is currently offline  Klugier
Senior Contributor
Hello,

Can you compile any applications with flag "X11" and check if this bug is there? Maybe it is fixed due to default backend change (Now GTK is default), but bug still may be in X11 core.

* Flag description:
X11 - X11 with gtk theming
NOGTK - pure X11 without gtk theming

Sincerely,
Klugier

U++ - one framework to rule them all.

[Updated on: Tue, 18 November 2014 18:02]

Re: [SOLVED] U++ Drawing/Positioning Issue with Linux Mint Mate + Compiz [message #43922 is a reply to message #43917] Tue, 18 November 2014 18:30 Go to previous message
Experienced Member
I have tried clean rebuild using both X11 and NOGTK flags (separately). both test showed that X11 core still has the bug. Only default GTK backend seems to draw menus in right location and take mouse input from right location.

regards,
navi
Previous Topic: What is the purpose of "GCC.bm.in" in tarbals?
Next Topic: Add export project to post-link steps
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:51:34 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01419 seconds