Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » U++ Developers corner » CbGen not compiling in linux. (Needs documentation and is not compiling out of the box.)
CbGen not compiling in linux. [message #44086] Tue, 23 December 2014 15:38
rainbowsally is currently offline  rainbowsally
Promising Member
CbGen not compiling in linux.

Needs documentation and is not compiling out of the box as of UPP version upp-x11-src-5485 compiled from sources.

[Edited...
I found CbGen output.  It was here.
.upp/CbGen/CbGen.log
So this is apparently used by theide.  But if it wasn't compling it could not work in theide.  So I'll leave this post as I originally wrote it in case this was supposed to work in Linux.  -rs
]

In this function...
void CallbackGen(String name, String rettype, int n, String extension, String atest = Null)
{
  [...]
	String cl_list = If(classlist, "<" + classlist + ">");
// -rs split single line to avoid compiler choking
// gcc version 4.8.1 (Ubuntu/Linaro 4.8.1-10ubuntu9)  
	String cl_temp = String("template <class OBJECT, class METHOD");
	cl_temp << If(classdef, ", " + classdef) << ">";
// <-
  [...]

There was no matching call in the class. Cat() was not defined.

First of all, I don't know C++ very well, but at least it now compiles, presumably correctly.

But there's no '--help' switch, no GUI (that I noticed) and no way to know what syntax or files it might expect in order to generate the callbacks.

I can see now (from conversations on this subject in other threads) that the header files are supposed to be of some help, but MAN! Smile That's a hard way to go if you don't know how Templates work (yet).

The Assist Topics were the first (second actually) place I looked and that wasn't much help either.

I may step the code in a debugger to try to see what it is looking for, but maybe someone that uses it can write up a short usage note, either in the app itself (/h or --help) or somewhere easy to find.

I really apologize if this issue has been addressed. But resolutions I found in a search on this in the forum were NOT about CbGen in particular and weren't specific enough to be helpful when they were related to the CbGen/Template mismatch problem.

CbGen is a package under files -> set main package -> uppsrc

[Updated on: Tue, 23 December 2014 16:11]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Udp class (UdpClient/UdpServer)
Next Topic: AString::Compare missing explicit return value
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:30:02 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02511 seconds