Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » U++ community news and announcements » Release candidate 2015.1
Release candidate 2015.1 [message #44270] Mon, 16 February 2015 19:37 Go to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
After two years without release, I believe it is time to start releasing U++ again (after all, it is the only PR tool we have left...).

I have decided that version 8182 is as good as any, so let it be our release candidate (until some critical bug is found).

I have gone through 2 years of svn logs and created this nice list of new features since the last release...

Core

U++ abandoned "default pick" semantics for containers. The transfer semantics now has to be specified explicitly, either as 'pick' or 'clone' (this is enforced in C++11 mode, in legacy mode old behaviour is maintained and pick/clone are optional).
New containers, based on fast-insertion arrays: InVector, InArray, SortedIndex, SortedVectorMap, SortedArrayMap. SortedIndex, SortedVectorMap and SortedArrayMap provide binary searches, while maintaining random access to the array, with performance comparable to binary tree based containers (e.g. std::map).
New Core/POP3 package - support for retrieving emails form POP3 servers.
Initial round of C++11 support (lambda callbacks, minor fixes)
A set of small utility functions findarg, decode, min/max now supporting more arguments. SplitTo and Merge for splitting/merging strings.
InFilterStream, OutFilterStream classes that can provide some sort of processing (e.g. compression) to regular streams.
New Date related functions EasterDay, GetMonths, GetWeek, GetWeekDate.
MIME / fileextension mapping functions FileExtToMIME and MIMEToFileExt.
Some ARMv7 related optimization (unaligned access, byte swaps).
SpinLock class.
Stream optimization methods GetPtr, PutPtr, GetSzPtr provide safe access to Stream internal buffer.
String/WString::Find(const String&) significantly speed optimized.
Value invalid casts now throwing exception ValueTypeError instead of panic.
WebSocket class.
[Stable]SortBy[Keys|Values] functions for sorting VectorMap, ArrayMap.
plugin/lz4 - adapted fast compression library
plugin/lzma - adapted high ratio compression library

GUI programming & graphics

Gtk backend (U++ now using Gtk for host platform interface)
EditDateDlg, EditNumber simple function for entering single value (equivalent to EditText)
ArrayCtrl new methods to add/retrieve ValueMaps and ValueArrays, new CreateCtrl<T> method.
LineEdit heavily optimized to be able to work with huge files (>100MB).
LineEdit now able to work with rectangular selections.
DDARasterizer and SDraw are new tools providing Draw with minimal host platform support (only two operations, paint Image and paint colored rectangle, are required).
Image rescaling now supports varios filters, like bicubic or lanczos.
AttrText is now rich comparable Value: it is now possible to sort ArrayCtrl by AttrText filled columns.
GLDraw - Draw implemented using OpenGL (ES).
SVG parser (to Painter interface).
plugin/ppm - trivial image format support.
RichText/RichEdit header/footer support, QTF now using BASE64 for binary data (instead of 7-bit raw encoding).
Turtle is another web framework of U++ - this one allows to convert existing GUI applications into Web application: simple javascript terminal connects to server where GUI application runs.

Sql

New variants of Insert/Select/Update commands (now roughly supporting all important combinations of SQL standard).
SqlSetFrom functions creates a SqlSet from any container.
S_ structures refactored, now provide an improved interface with better introspection.
Sql console redesigned.

TheIDE

Win64 PDB (Visual C++ compiled code) debugger.
Find GUI refactored, added support for incremental finds, added regexp support.
Block replace now has grep-like feature to remove matching/non-matching lines (instead of replacing matches)
Case insensitive replace now has "mimic case" option (mimics the case of first and next characters, so replacing "vector" -> "array", when match is "Vector", result is "Array").
Compilation errors now parsed and displayed nicely.
Assist++ context goto (Alt+J) now supports local variables (goes to declaration).
Layout/Icon designers now have find Search filter.
Ide now displays long numbers with thousands separators.
Syntax highlighting refactored, added highlighting of HTML, XML, .log files, .xsd files, .diff files.
Directory comparison tool.
Simple Json/XML viewers.
Comment/Uncomment block.
Selected identifier is now highlighted in all the text.
Current line is highlighted with faint lines.
Precompiled headers support for release mode (BLITZ still far better for debug builds).
Insert file path (plain or as CString) function.
Layout code generator now can place double-quotes around elements, generate handlers for buttons.
Layout designer now can sort widgets based on their graphical position.
Code navigator is completely redesigned.

There are also some GridCtrl/ScatterCtrl related logs, I would like to ask respective developers to consider adding to this list; you can do so directly into uppweb package...

Re: Release candidate 2015.1 [message #44272 is a reply to message #44270] Tue, 17 February 2015 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Didier is currently offline  Didier
Contributor
Hi Mirek,

Maybe you could add the Build methods improvements : more compilers supported out of the box (Clang, ARM, ...) and the ones no more supported ( I think one MSC was dropped )

Re: Release candidate 2015.1 [message #44273 is a reply to message #44270] Tue, 17 February 2015 16:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sgifan is currently offline  Sgifan
Hello,

nice to see an official release is shaping up.
Lots of new and nices features but if would like to say that some examples code for some of these features would be great.

I uploaded the 8182 release for windows and while I found an example for GLDraw, POP3, rescaling filters and some others i miss something for Turtle and DDARasterizer&SDraw

Thanks
Re: Release candidate 2015.1 [message #44274 is a reply to message #44273] Tue, 17 February 2015 16:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sgifan is currently offline  Sgifan
And by the way what is the status of Rainbow ?
Re: Release candidate 2015.1 [message #44275 is a reply to message #44273] Tue, 17 February 2015 18:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Sgifan wrote on Tue, 17 February 2015 16:34
Hello,

Turtle

Thanks

reference/WebWord

Quote:

and DDARasterizer&SDraw

Well, it is perhaps way too technical/low-level (it is e.g. part of Turtle), but I will devise something.
Re: Release candidate 2015.1 [message #44277 is a reply to message #44275] Tue, 17 February 2015 20:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Klugier is currently offline  Klugier
Senior Contributor
Hello,

My propositions (I don't have svn to update uppweb - can I get it to commit this changes?):

Core
plugin/glew

GUI programming & graphics
Improved font handling on POSIX. (Now we are using "Fontconfig")
Multi monitor mode is now supported by X11.
Improved window creating algorithm on X11 (Remove window flickering problem).
Added error like prompt functions.
Several icons was smoothed.

TheIDE
Editor bar improvements.
C++11 keywords is now highlighted.
Add support for comment keywords (TODO, FIXME).
Line duplication feature (CTRL+D).
Icon designer can now smooth icon.

Various bug fixes Smile (To all categories)

This is probably the most important things.

Sincerely,
Klugier

U++ - one framework to rule them all.
Re: Release candidate 2015.1 [message #44278 is a reply to message #44277] Wed, 18 February 2015 14:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cbpporter is currently offline  cbpporter
Ultimate Contributor
So 2015.1 not out yet?

One thing that I keep changing and loosing every time I install a new version is high resolution support for TimeStop. GetTickCount is really not good for anything. I use a query performance counter version.
Re: Release candidate 2015.1 [message #44279 is a reply to message #44270] Thu, 19 February 2015 09:26 Go to previous message
koldo is currently offline  koldo
Senior Veteran
Quote:
There are also some GridCtrl/ScatterCtrl related logs, I would like to ask respective developers to consider adding to this list; you can do so directly into uppweb package...

Done Smile

Best regards
Iñaki
Previous Topic: AttrText improvements
Next Topic: RC2: 8227
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 16:24:01 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02430 seconds