Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » ArrayCtrl, HeaderCtrl & GridCtrl » ButtonHeight limited by StdFont in ArrayCtrl
ButtonHeight limited by StdFont in ArrayCtrl [message #45519] Fri, 27 November 2015 01:16 Go to next message
Alboni is currently offline  Alboni
Experienced Member
If I have a column with buttons in an ArrayCtrl, the Size of the buttons is limited by the FontSize of StdFont even if I set a much higher LineCY. How do I solve that? My clients work with touchscreens. Teeny weeny buttons are no good and I already set the Font pretty big.

See picture
  • Attachment: ayce.jpg
    (Size: 156.29KB, Downloaded 261 times)
Re: ButtonHeight limited by StdFont in ArrayCtrl [message #45527 is a reply to message #45519] Fri, 27 November 2015 11:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
I am unsure about the problem. What is column with buttons?
Re: ButtonHeight limited by StdFont in ArrayCtrl [message #45532 is a reply to message #45519] Fri, 27 November 2015 16:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
ok, I made an example (see attachment)

The height of the red and green buttons in the example (which should be round) depends on the fontsize (which is not changeable in ArrayCtrl without affecting other controls)
If the LineCY is big enough I think I should be able to make taller controls than the Font dictates...

[Updated on: Fri, 27 November 2015 16:23]

Report message to a moderator

Re: ButtonHeight limited by StdFont in ArrayCtrl [message #45534 is a reply to message #45532] Fri, 27 November 2015 16:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
You have not defined the position/size of widget, means it was left in 'default' (also, you can improve your style around One::Create Smile

void MakePlus(One<Ctrl>& ctrl)
{
	Button& b = ctrl.Create<Button>();
	b.WantFocus(false);
	b.SetStyle(*no_style);
	b.SetImage(Img::plus());
	b.SizePos();
}
Re: ButtonHeight limited by StdFont in ArrayCtrl [message #45535 is a reply to message #45534] Fri, 27 November 2015 16:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Now reading docs, they might have been a bit misleading, so I have tried to improve there...
Re: ButtonHeight limited by StdFont in ArrayCtrl [message #45537 is a reply to message #45519] Fri, 27 November 2015 18:10 Go to previous message
Experienced Member
Yeah, that looks neater. Smile
Thank you.

(I will donate when I finally make some money)
Previous Topic: ArrayCtrl: Grid
Next Topic: Column width in percentage
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:22:58 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01007 seconds