Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Widgets - General questions or Mixed problems » Could anyone create a small example with the new ScrollArea?
Could anyone create a small example with the new ScrollArea? [message #2997] Wed, 03 May 2006 01:57 Go to next message
fudadmin is currently offline  fudadmin
Ultimate Contributor
Administrator
Could anyone create a small example with the new ScrollArea, please?

[Updated on: Wed, 03 May 2006 02:22]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Could anyone create a small example with the new ScrollArea? [message #3002 is a reply to message #2997] Wed, 03 May 2006 09:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
fudadmin wrote on Tue, 02 May 2006 19:57

Could anyone create a small example with the new ScrollArea, please?

You mean the one that does not exist yet? Wink

Actually, I started developing it already, but it is exactly as I said before - when going from specific to generic Ctrl, you have at least to try to solve all corner-cases, which really takes the time....

Mirek
Re: Could anyone create a small example with the new ScrollArea? [message #3006 is a reply to message #3002] Wed, 03 May 2006 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor
Administrator
luzr wrote on Wed, 03 May 2006 08:32

Mirek

Which one do you mean? That grid of moving color rectangles?

[Updated on: Wed, 03 May 2006 10:46]

Re: Could anyone create a small example with the new ScrollArea? [message #3008 is a reply to message #3006] Wed, 03 May 2006 11:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
fudadmin wrote on Wed, 03 May 2006 04:46

luzr wrote on Wed, 03 May 2006 08:32

Mirek

Which one do you mean? That grid of moving color rectangles?

Well, I guess it must be my bad english, but I am completely puzzled with this discussion thread....

There is no ScrollArea in U++ (yet).

You might be reffering to the uppdev/ScrollArea package - yes, that is where my development efforts started. Now I have realized there are too much things to resolve for general purpose ScrollArea (scrolling being one of them Wink, so it will take some time to develop. In fact, it is low priority for me now.

Mirek
Re: Could anyone create a small example with the new ScrollArea? [message #3009 is a reply to message #3008] Wed, 03 May 2006 11:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor
Administrator
Then I would kindly to ask you a brief description of how to use those methods in Ctrl.h
	void        ScrollView(const Rect& r, int dx, int dy);
	void        ScrollView(int x, int y, int cx, int cy, int dx, int dy);
	void        ScrollView(int dx, int dy);
	void        ScrollView(const Rect& r, Size delta)    { ScrollView(r, delta.cx, delta.cy); }
	void        ScrollView(Size delta)                   { ScrollView(delta.cx, delta.cy); }
Re: Could anyone create a small example with the new ScrollArea? [message #3011 is a reply to message #3009] Wed, 03 May 2006 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor
Administrator
Ok, never mind.
I'll try to experiment myself. I just wanted a bit more than in:
http://upp.sourceforge.net/src$CtrlCore$Ctrl$en-us.html
to answer a question "is it possible (and how) to use them for placing other controls"...
Re: Could anyone create a small example with the new ScrollArea? [message #3012 is a reply to message #3011] Wed, 03 May 2006 12:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
fudadmin wrote on Wed, 03 May 2006 06:20

Ok, never mind.
I'll try to experiment myself. I just wanted a bit more than in:
http://upp.sourceforge.net/src$CtrlCore$Ctrl$en-us.html
to answer a question "is it possible (and how) to use them for placing other controls"...

Nope, ScrollView has nothing to do with positions of child Ctrls.

If you have some Ctrls in your view area, it simply scrolls content behind them, but positions of childs is left unchanged.

Mirek
Re: Could anyone create a small example with the new ScrollArea? [message #3013 is a reply to message #3009] Wed, 03 May 2006 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
fudadmin wrote on Wed, 03 May 2006 05:14

Then I would kindly to ask you a brief description of how to use those methods in Ctrl.h
	void        ScrollView(const Rect& r, int dx, int dy);
	void        ScrollView(int x, int y, int cx, int cy, int dx, int dy);
	void        ScrollView(int dx, int dy);
	void        ScrollView(const Rect& r, Size delta)    { ScrollView(r, delta.cx, delta.cy); }
	void        ScrollView(Size delta)                   { ScrollView(delta.cx, delta.cy); }

I guess they are quite obvious after explaining one fundamental thing:

All those functions should be considered as variant of Refresh. Means, they are optimized Refresh where programmer asserts that portion of view area can be obtained by scrolling the current content.

CtrlCore then decides what to do. In fact, it can and does perform simple Refresh instead of scrolling if it fits better.

(BTW, there is still one important unimplemented optimization regarding child Ctrl move / view scroll....)

(BTW2, maybe we should also consider detection of "pane move" and implement it using scrolling optimization where possible).

Mirek
Re: Could anyone create a small example with the new ScrollArea? [message #3016 is a reply to message #3013] Wed, 03 May 2006 13:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor
Administrator
luzr wrote on Wed, 03 May 2006 11:44

(BTW, there is still one important unimplemented optimization regarding child Ctrl move / view scroll....)

(BTW2, maybe we should also consider detection of "pane move" and implement it using scrolling optimization where possible).

Mirek

I think, those unimplemented optimizations have confused me most of all... I expected and want everything perfect in Ultimate++ Wink

[Updated on: Wed, 03 May 2006 13:01]

Re: Could anyone create a small example with the new ScrollArea? [message #3018 is a reply to message #3016] Wed, 03 May 2006 13:18 Go to previous message
Ultimate Member
fudadmin wrote on Wed, 03 May 2006 07:00

luzr wrote on Wed, 03 May 2006 11:44

Mirek

I think, those unimplemented optimizations have confused me most of all... I expected and want everything perfect in Ultimate++ Wink

So do I. However, in fact, those optimization will have zero effect on functionality, it will just affect speed/flickering on slower machines.

I will be really happy to have them, but they are very hard problems to implement - I will have to reserve at least 2 days to do so...

Mirek
Previous Topic: Borderless always-on-top non-modal window
Next Topic: how to add runtime StaticText and hook mouse events for it
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 19:13:03 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02329 seconds