Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Newbie corner » IDE Suggestion (A suggestion for IDE)
IDE Suggestion [message #45790] Tue, 05 January 2016 05:36 Go to next message
vegaonline is currently offline  vegaonline

Hi!

It would be comfortable, if one "Close" item is added in "theide" which will close current application and come back to "Select Main Package" window.

Best
Abhijit
Re: IDE Suggestion [message #45791 is a reply to message #45790] Tue, 05 January 2016 08:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

Hi Abhijit,

You mean like File > Select main package or pressing Ctrl+M ? Wink

Best regards,
Honza
Re: IDE Suggestion [message #45792 is a reply to message #45791] Tue, 05 January 2016 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message

dolik.rce wrote on Tue, 05 January 2016 12:57
Hi Abhijit,

You mean like File > Select main package or pressing Ctrl+M ? Wink

Best regards,
Honza

I mean pressing a new button like CTRL+M would close working application including its window and then will open Main Package like CTRL+M.

Best,
Abhi
Re: IDE Suggestion [message #45794 is a reply to message #45792] Tue, 05 January 2016 21:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Klugier is currently offline  Klugier
Senior Contributor
Hello vegaonline,

This behaviour is absolutely correct. IDE remembers your last session with certain main package. But, if you want to remember file in package cache that doesn't belong to it's structure. Just use CTRL+O (Open file - alternatively File -> Open) and choose file from your hard drive. All upp examples are stored in upp installation dir.

Sincerely,
Klugier

U++ - one framework to rule them all.

[Updated on: Tue, 05 January 2016 21:18]

Report message to a moderator

Re: IDE Suggestion [message #45797 is a reply to message #45794] Wed, 06 January 2016 06:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor

Well, Abhijit is actually kind of right... Sometimes, when switching packages, the previously edit files stay open and the files from last session of newly open package are not loaded. I think this might be a bug.

To reproduce try opening some files from various packages (it didn't happen to me when only main package files were opened I think) in your project and then switch to different main package.

Honza
Re: IDE Suggestion [message #45798 is a reply to message #45797] Wed, 06 January 2016 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message

@klugier
Thanks for the reply.

@Honza
Thanks for noticing the problem, I intended to refer. Actually, I found that the newly opened package was not loaded. Beside this, in another case, I also observed (once only) another window appeared which reported some memory error and ide disappeared while no other applications were loaded. By the by, I work on an old laptop with 8GB DDR3.

Best
Abhijit
Re: IDE Suggestion [message #45799 is a reply to message #45798] Wed, 06 January 2016 20:57 Go to previous message
Ultimate Contributor

vegaonline wrote on Wed, 06 January 2016 13:06
another window appeared which reported some memory error and ide disappeared

That usually happens, when the files holding the serialized session gets corrupted somehow.

Honza
Previous Topic: Trojan in HelloWorld
Next Topic: PlotCtrl in upp-x11-src-9360.tar.gz missing
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:07:30 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01444 seconds