Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Newbie corner » How to build FREBSD *.so in Windows?
How to build FREBSD *.so in Windows? [message #45969] Mon, 01 February 2016 14:10 Go to next message
figufigu is currently offline  figufigu
Hi, All!

I have an *.so sources and succefully built it on Win32(windows 8.1)

So, how I can build a FreeBSD version of library(*.so)?
Should I use a some flags and where?
Should I move sources to the FreeBSD and build there?
Re: How to build FREBSD *.so in Windows? [message #45972 is a reply to message #45969] Tue, 02 February 2016 14:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mindtraveller is currently offline  Mindtraveller
Experienced Contributor

Actually I see no point in creating .so version outside the environment where you will use it. Mostly because compiled .so is very dependant on:
1) actual libraries and paths in your environment
2) actual CPU you have (if you want optimized code, of course).

If you manage to build your .so library in Windows, it will likely fail to find some dependencies in actual FreeBSD environment.

That is why the best practice I can think of is to 'export' sources + Makefile into your production environment and compile it inside your environment.
In U++ IDE please click Build menu and then select Output mode... option. At the bottom of dialog you will see 'Export project'. Just click 'Used' and U++ IDE will create standalone distribution of your project sources including U++ packages used. The directory where distribution is exported to, may be copied to the target FreeBSD system. Calling 'make' will start build process resulting './out_' direcory containing built files (.so or binary).

[Updated on: Tue, 02 February 2016 14:54]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to build FREBSD *.so in Windows? [message #45994 is a reply to message #45972] Thu, 11 February 2016 07:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks!

I have already compile library using standart GCC compiler in FreeBSD,
but in future I will use Export option, like u said, it looks like very useful, thanks a lot!
Re: How to build FREBSD *.so in Windows? [message #45995 is a reply to message #45969] Thu, 11 February 2016 07:38 Go to previous message
ЗЫ: я так понимаю мы все тут русские, поэтому - СПАСИБО)
Previous Topic: Problem in example code
Next Topic: Linker warnings ... skipping incompatible ...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 22:31:02 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01002 seconds