FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » Mac OS » Status of MAC porting
Status of MAC porting [message #46014] Thu, 18 February 2016 15:34 Go to next message
mdelfede is currently offline  mdelfede
Ultimate Contributor
Hi,

how is the status of native MAC porting ?
I wish to be able to help, but my skills on Mac are less than zero Embarassed

Ciao

Massimo
Re: Status of MAC porting [message #46712 is a reply to message #46014] Sun, 17 July 2016 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mindtraveller is currently offline  Mindtraveller
Experienced Contributor

Is it really possible to build U++-core (no CtrlCore) based dynamic link library for Mac OS?
Re: Status of MAC porting [message #46717 is a reply to message #46712] Tue, 19 July 2016 20:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mindtraveller is currently offline  Mindtraveller
Experienced Contributor

Mindtraveller wrote on Sun, 17 July 2016 09:19
Is it really possible to build U++-core (no CtrlCore) based dynamic link library for Mac OS?
Can anyone please respond? I'm considering U++ as possible framework for the next project, but it (U++ core) should really work under Mac OS too. If it is still in early stage, my company considers investing into U++ core development team to finalize support of Mac OS.
Re: Status of MAC porting [message #46718 is a reply to message #46717] Tue, 19 July 2016 21:31 Go to previous message
Klugier is currently offline  Klugier
Senior Contributor
Hello,

Some time ago I have added on ultimatepp.org following article - Supported Platforms. There you can find that Core on Mac is OK - but I don't know it for certain. Currently, I don't have any Mac machine at home.

I relay believe that core on Mac OS should work fine, because making port for Android was relatively easy (Currently mainly ported with some issues). Otherwise that the hardest part was to create Android builder.

Why current Core on Mac doesn't require many work:
- Core on Mac exist - it is the first step before starting porting to cocoa - please notice that on Mac we can easily run TheIDE through X11.
- We support clang - native C++ compile on Mac.
- Mac OS is POSIX - we have got long term POSIX support history - everything works fine on Linux, FreeBSD and Android.
- Some time ago fudaadmin posted minimal changes to fix compilation on Mac in newer versions of Upp - http://www.ultimatepp.org/forums/index.php?t=msg&th=9339 &start=0&.
- We have got several #ifdefs for Mac compatibility in Core code.

If your company is interested in investing in U++ - it will be a big chance for us to grow. If you want to talk about it - please contact me on PM.

Sincerely,
Klugier

U++ - one framework to rule them all.

[Updated on: Tue, 19 July 2016 21:36]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: How can I do with theide use -framework ApplicationServices in mac osx
Next Topic: Quick way to build a console app on mac
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 06:30:09 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01227 seconds