Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Other Features Wishlist and/or Bugs » [APPROVED] Two new Esc ide macros - GetLineLength() & Target() (TheIDE API Improvments)
[APPROVED] Two new Esc ide macros - GetLineLength() & Target() [message #46951] Mon, 26 September 2016 20:28
Klugier is currently offline  Klugier
Senior Contributor
Hello,

In the previous week, I was trying to implement simply test runner for Google Test using Esc. This task was hard - but possible with minor TheIDE modification. In this topic I proposed two methods in redmine topic - here is the link: #1540.

GetLineLength(line) - Methods returns numbers of chars in concrete line - line parameters:

Example:
myLine = 20;
myLineLength = GetLineLength(myLine); // <- Will obtain length of 20-th line.
currentLineValue = Get(GetLinePos(myLine), myLineLength); // <- Will obtain the whole line into the string

Target() - Returns current target

Exaple:
target = Target();

// Below line should work - however there is a bug in esc that i cannot equals to 0!!! (Should be fix in the near future)
if (count(target) == 0) {
    Echo("Target is unknown. You need to build your project first");
    return;
}

Execute(target + " " + "--gtest_filter=" + myFilter);

The funniest thing here - is that it prints program output directly on TheIDE console Smile

What do you think about that? If you have any proposition about improvements in TheIDE API - you can post it here.

Documentation:
- TheIDE API - Documentation (I made small update here today - it should be updated in the next day)

Sincerely,
Klugier

U++ - one framework to rule them all.

[Updated on: Sun, 09 October 2016 20:10]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: BUG: debugger fails to start
Next Topic: [Approved] Direct online search from Code Editor
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 13:00:17 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01439 seconds