Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » Releasing U++ » Many duplicates in U++ source code (Many duplicates means possible bugs and out of date sources)
Many duplicates in U++ source code [message #47360] Sun, 08 January 2017 17:52 Go to next message
amrein is currently offline  amrein
Experienced Member
There are so much duplicated files in U++ snapshot source...

File list attached.

Many duplicates in U++ source code means certainly bugs and out of date source. Perhaps in 2008 release...
Re: Many duplicates in U++ source code [message #47361 is a reply to message #47360] Sun, 08 January 2017 19:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
amrein wrote on Sun, 08 January 2017 17:52
There are so much duplicated files in U++ snapshot source...

File list attached.

Many duplicates in U++ source code means certainly bugs and out of date source. Perhaps in 2008 release...

So I went throught the list and found nothing really meaningful or fixable.

There are 3 basic cases:

1 - files that NEED to be duplicate, like Copying file.
2 - 3rd party files.
3 - files in example codes. E.g. same DB schema for several example packages.

Mirek

Re: Many duplicates in U++ source code [message #47362 is a reply to message #47360] Mon, 09 January 2017 00:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
My bad. The long list is certainly an issue with my installation script. I found a lot of library sources inside U++ tarball and most of them are provided by Linux distributions too. I was too quick to assume and report a problem.

The spec file is fixed now. Weird problem about directory creation that cause many duplicates (fixed in svn rev 10682).

upp-devel.spec is ready and working on several rpm based distributions now. Tested on:

• Fedora (with gcc)
  • Centos 7 (with clang++)
  • Open Suse (with clang++)
  • Redhat (if you manage to install clang++)
  • A few other rpm based distribution (with clang++ too)
Re: Many duplicates in U++ source code [message #47363 is a reply to message #47362] Mon, 09 January 2017 00:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Cool thanks!

Any chance you could help with "bad GCC version" issue in tarball? And maybe with separate umk compilation?

Mirek
Re: Many duplicates in U++ source code [message #47364 is a reply to message #47363] Mon, 09 January 2017 02:07 Go to previous message
Experienced Member
I can change the domake script and force the use of clang++ instead of gcc if gcc version is lower than 4.9.0 for example.

I didn't found a quick fix for abs and other methods producing compilation errors with old gcc versions.

Previous Topic: Man page for theide and umk are not in snapshot tarballs
Next Topic: umk on U++ server is obsolete and creates bad Makefiles
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:35:34 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01497 seconds