Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Newbie corner » Where i can start learning u++?
Where i can start learning u++? [message #47710] Wed, 08 March 2017 06:39 Go to next message
Mhcrnl is currently offline  Mhcrnl
I want to understand U++ framework and how is made. My question is from where i can start this goals?
Re: Where i can start learning u++? [message #47711 is a reply to message #47710] Wed, 08 March 2017 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
http://www.ultimatepp.org/www$uppweb$overview$en-us.html
http://www.ultimatepp.org/srcdoc$Core$Tutorial$en-us.html
Re: Where i can start learning u++? [message #47712 is a reply to message #47711] Wed, 08 March 2017 15:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cbpporter is currently offline  cbpporter
Ultimate Contributor
The docs are a good start.

Or, if you have a more complex program that you know how to implement, you could try re-doing it in U++, as an exercise.

But not a "port", where you look at the original, line by line, and convert. Just keep the idea of the original in your head and try to do the same.
Re: Where i can start learning u++? [message #47713 is a reply to message #47710] Wed, 08 March 2017 18:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mhcrnl is currently offline  Mhcrnl
I start learning this framework and in the future I want to contribute.

On github: https://github.com/mhcrnl/UltimateFrameworkApp

Thank you! Rolling Eyes
Re: Where i can start learning u++? [message #47718 is a reply to message #47713] Fri, 10 March 2017 00:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Klugier is currently offline  Klugier
Senior Contributor
Hello,

Good luck with mastering U++ Smile If you have any question just ask. I know that it can be hard for the first time, but the pain at the beginning is worth effort.

Of course do not forget to look at our outstanding GUI tutorial:
- http://www.ultimatepp.org/srcdoc$CtrlLib$Tutorial$en-us.html (Tutorials are available at the Documentation page).

Sincerely,
Klugier

U++ - one framework to rule them all.

[Updated on: Fri, 10 March 2017 00:02]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Where i can start learning u++? [message #47805 is a reply to message #47718] Sat, 01 April 2017 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Daisy22 is currently offline  Daisy22
Hello everyone! I'm Daisy from UK and my question is same as above,is that where i can start learning U++ ?
Re: Where i can start learning u++? [message #47806 is a reply to message #47805] Sat, 01 April 2017 12:56 Go to previous message
Klugier is currently offline  Klugier
Senior Contributor
Hello and welcome in our community Wink,

Personally I started with GUI tutorial and doing each tutorial by my own to see how each elements of framework works. You can place your own implementation in "MyApps" assembly - by creating new package.

Do not forget to obtain basic knowledge about TheIDE in this tutorial. You need to understand the basic constructions of upp like main package etc.. In my opinion this tutorial should be done first. This tutorial is probably outdated (about how now TheIDE looks like), but the concepts are fine for the beginners.

If something doesn't work at current stable builds - don't forget to look at nightly builds. There is a huge probability that it is solve there.

We are also glad to see woman in our community. Good luck in mastering Ultimate++!

Sincerely,
Klugier

U++ - one framework to rule them all.

[Updated on: Sat, 01 April 2017 13:05]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: THISBACK, is there a THATBACK?
Next Topic: Issue with Color.h...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:15:58 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01569 seconds