Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Installation, Compiling and Running of theide » Problem with IDE Installation on Windows 98
Problem with IDE Installation on Windows 98 [message #181] Wed, 30 November 2005 01:38 Go to previous message
MathOnNapkins is currently offline  MathOnNapkins

(topic name edited and moved by fudadmin)
I am new to Ultimate++ and wanted to give it a try but I encountered a problem with the IDE and possibly the installer as well. The latter concern is really the crux of my question.

My system:
Athlon 3000XP
512 MB RAM
Windows 98 SE (your documentation says it supports Windows 98, don't laugh at me)
2GB of hard drive space available on a 40GB D: drive.

First this:

"The PSAPI.DLL file is linked to missing export NTDLL:DLL:NtAllocateVirtualMemory"

Then immediately afterwards:

"D:\upp\theide.exe

A device attached to the system is not functioning"

This the error I get when I try to install using upp-win-511.exe. It gets through the "storing files" section then goes to the next progress bar, and about halfway through it gives me the errors.

At first I thought it was the fact that I didn't have an NT windows OS like 2k or XP. But I do have an ntdll.dll file in my C:/windows/system/ folder.

I think it occurs during the installation b/c the installer tries to start the IDE after it's finished. I say this b/c the files do in fact seem to get copied to D:/upp/, but the IDE gives me the same exact message if I try to start it, then promptly quits.

So the question is, is this a problem with my computer, or is it a bug with U++? And if it's a bug, is it a problem with the IDE alone, or would you think I could still use the files provided without the IDE? I plan to use U++ for developing an application in VS C++ 6.0.

[Updated on: Wed, 30 November 2005 08:32] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: New installation over old
Next Topic: Win98 version of TheIDE on the sourceforge.net
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 14 05:35:53 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02679 seconds