Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Extra libraries, Code snippets, applications etc. » Applications created with U++ » Watchdog - continuous integration webapp
Watchdog - continuous integration webapp [message #37167] Sun, 02 September 2012 19:38 Go to previous message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

Hi everyone!

Since the beginning of Skylark development I was wondering what I could write with, so I could learn about how it works. After a long time of thinking about what I could create and after some short time of coding (about 14 evenings Smile ), I finally created "Watchdog".

What it is? My take on "continuous integration" (is it considered buzzword? Smile ) website. Actually it is just a simple web server doing mainly two things:

a) It communicates with clients via simple HTTP API.
b) It shows information it gathers from clients on a website.

The server keeps track of commits in svn and assigns work to the clients. The clients are trying to build U++ code and return the results to the server. The website shows the results to anyone who wants to see what is the state of the builds. So if you commit something and after a while you see a bunch of red failures by your commit, it means you broke something somewhere Smile

The code is attached for both Server and generic Client package. It is still little rough around edges, but overall it works. Especially the website part would use some help from a webdesigner, it looks like from 1990s Very Happy

And finally, I have a running instance for you to try: http://watchdog.vserver.cz

The virtual server it runs at is very weak (512MB RAM, 800MHz CPU), so be patient if something works slow Smile But considering the hardware, IMHO it performs quite good. For now I only run one client, building theide, umk and few example apps. If you want to donate some of your machine time for the sake of tracking how good the U++ code is, just contact me. You can create a client for pretty much anything (checking how your app works with new versions of U++, other platforms etc.).

I'm looking forward to your comments Wink

Best regards,
Honza

Edit: Removed the file, updated sources are now in svn.

[Updated on: Mon, 03 September 2012 22:02]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message