Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Widgets - General questions or Mixed problems » List of custom controls, how?
List of custom controls, how? [message #37717] Mon, 05 November 2012 12:35 Go to previous message
crydev is currently offline  crydev
Experienced Member
Hello devs, I have been busy with a movie managing program for myself. The idea is that you can configure multiple directories containing movies that will be loaded into a library (list that loads all information about them). I also have a functionality that grabs IMDb information. It currently looks as shown below.

index.php?t=getfile&id=3910&private=0

Now the links you see in the IMDb section are testing links. These are links found in a search operation. However, I would like these links to be displayed in a custom control. The way I would like to have it is as following.

index.php?t=getfile&id=3911&private=0

I have some experience with C# so I know a thing or two about custom controls. However, I am not using the designer with layouts because I use Visual Studio aside of U++ for debugging purposes.

- I know I have to make a new class deriving from (Ctrl)?
- I have to override the Paint(Draw& g) method
- I have to draw a rectangle inside the paint method in which the contents of my custom control will be drawn.

I really don't know how this would work. I have tried to find out the things I need to know but it is hard to find. Can somebody supply me with an example of how it works or how they would do this? I really appriciate your help!
  • Attachment: Now.PNG
    (Size: 124.53KB, Downloaded 740 times)
  • Attachment: DoWant.png
    (Size: 110.30KB, Downloaded 764 times)

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message