Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Extra libraries, Code snippets, applications etc. » U++ users applications in progress and useful code snippets, including reference examples! » ArgcArgv – use argc and argv under Ultimate++!
ArgcArgv – use argc and argv under Ultimate++! [message #3910] Sat, 08 July 2006 21:52 Go to previous message
Werner is currently offline  Werner
Experienced Member

CmdLineArgs - a free model application

If you need to forward the command line arguments your Ultimate++ application is started with to another application or especially a library which you do not control, this can be a problem. The target application or library might expect the command line arguments to be passed in a way complying with the C++ standard. Ultimate++ CommandLine() doesnt meet this expectation in many regards.

So I created ArgcArgv which provides int argc and char* argv[]. These variables behave exactly as the standard requires. ArgcArgv can easily be integrated in any application. CmdLineArgs shows how.

I publish the 2 files ArgcArgv.hpp and ArgcArgv.cpp which provide the solution and the 3 files CmdLineArgs.h, CmdLineArgs.lay, and main.cpp which make up the demo application as well as CmdLineArgs.upp zipped to create a single file - as an attachment to this mail hoping that this will be useful to somebody.

I declare the code, which is thoroughly commented, public domain. Still I would really appreciate if a possible user informed me of errors or any improvements.

Werner

P. S.:

The files have been updated. Please use the new package attached to message #8046.

W.

[Updated on: Mon, 05 February 2007 20:28]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: examples\HomeBudget
Next Topic: How to write a dll using Ultimate++?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 16 13:00:44 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01903 seconds