Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Newbie corner » [SOLVED]Deleted layout controls still cause errors in compile. How? 8183 MinGW (Strange problems building a CodeProject U++ tutorial, MingW & Windows)
[SOLVED]Deleted layout controls still cause errors in compile. How? 8183 MinGW [message #44280] Thu, 19 February 2015 17:20 Go to previous message
Edward is currently offline  Edward
Maybe this is because I'm new to U++, but I have successfully built & compiled numerous GUI example projects, and simple ones I created.

Using this tutorial http:// www.codeproject.com/Articles/15163/Getting-Started-With-Ulti mate?msg=5005237 I initially created the project as instructed (named SimpleDemo),(with layout controls only) with no compile/build errors. But after adding the full specified code things blew up.

The big problem is, after I deleted all new controls from the layout and code to backtrack, the compiler continued to list the controls and numerous errors.
Could this be a settings issue? Should I be able to delete objects? Then I ran the full original complete project package as downloaded and it too had endless errors.

U++ then uninstalled & re-installed, all examples compile & build perfect again.

I must also say, I can be compiling included examples such as Days or HomeBudget and executing perfectly, but after I try to compile the SimpleDemo example, it breaks U++ build. U++ then will Not build/compile any of the included examples without immediate Errors again, no files created.

Compile report attached.
Any advice appreciated.

• Attachment: errorsGUI.txt
    (Size: 13.32KB, Downloaded 256 times)

My mission is to find a powerful(Non MS) C++ IDE w/GUI to marry and spend the rest of my life with...

[Updated on: Sat, 21 February 2015 17:56]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: [SOLVED]Control property syntax (ArrayCtrl, Button), IDE syntax guide unclear to me
Next Topic: No forward declaration.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 09 16:03:27 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03057 seconds