Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Widgets - General questions or Mixed problems » Size of TopWindow is different then the size I set for it
Re: Size of TopWindow is different then the size I set for it [message #48865 is a reply to message #48856] Mon, 16 October 2017 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
rafiwui is currently offline  rafiwui
Experienced Member
mirek wrote on Sat, 14 October 2017 11:05
Change how?

So there is no need to set up a bit of extra space when not using the MenuBar or ToolBar from the layout designer.

Can you tell me again what is the goal to achieve?

At the moment I am facing this problem when designing my AutoResizer because I need the MenuBar and the ToolBar to stay at the same size while the other ctrls are resizing in relation to their and the TopWindows original size.
The easiest approach would then be if the top bars stay the same size all the time (like the title bar is doing).
The MenuBar and the ToolBar must already be sth special because when you place a Ctrl at position (0, 0), even if the bar is added after this Ctrl, it isn't placed under the bar but starts below (at least on Windows, I didn't check it out on Linux).

Now I have feeling that you are wrestling with the situation when you do want MenuBar in some main window which is also based on layout. That has a trivial solution - just add menubar to dialog and use everything standard. Check examples/AddressBook

Thanks I didn't realized that you can simply add these bars in the layout designer Smile but like described above this will probably don't work for my AutoResizer. Well only because of this there wouldn't be the need to change this but it is also a problem if you work with multiple ToolBars and don't want to always show all of them but to be able to hide some of them. But at the moment when you hide them the rest of the ctrls should move up to fill the space where the hidden ToolBar was.

So these are just my thoughts about it so please feel free to critizise and/or correct them.

Greetings
Daniel

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: How to blur a Ctrl
Next Topic: preferred way to get event "sender" control?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 12 19:15:38 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02161 seconds