Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ SQL » sqlite and dropdate / editdate etc (Can you receive an integer value and display as date?)
Re: sqlite and dropdate / editdate etc [message #54915 is a reply to message #54914] Mon, 28 September 2020 17:49 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
jimlef wrote on Mon, 28 September 2020 17:41
Upon further inspection, it seems that the ctrls Convert functions scan the field data, and interpret as string or int, never DATE_V (since sqlite doesn't have an official 'date_v' type). So, date formatting isn't applied. I guess what I need is a concise way to tell the function that this field should be interpreted as qtype date_v? Then make sure that the data in that field is appropriate for that type.

Uhmm I bet it is something else. Convert for EditDate definitely convertes between text and Date...

Just my wild guess: Is not it possible that your SQL type was originally STRING and you have changed to DATE after schema was already created? If yes, then the problem is that schema update script only adds columns (and most of those adds simply fail because the column is already there, that is by design), it does not change the type of column.... (fix is to remove the column manually or perhaps drop whole table or even database).

Mirek

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: How does All_Tables determine if a table exists?
Next Topic: Program changing column
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jun 02 19:20:45 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01019 seconds