Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » PR, media coverage, articles and documentation » New user observations
Re: New user observations [message #4181 is a reply to message #4179] Thu, 27 July 2006 21:06 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Well, most of those things would be nice to happen.

The real trouble, and I am not happy to speak about it, is that project at the moment is seriously "undermanned". I consider this my fault, but so far we were not able to attract huge number of contributors and maintainers. Maybe it is time to try again - last time when I gave up searching for website maintainer, I put together the current website using tools I had at hand (that is, website is 100% generated using U++ Smile

I know it is closed circle - no team to make PR buzz results in no attraction to new people that would do PR and rest Wink

Anyway, let us make another try. This time, with quite a lot of people really starting to understant U++, it might be better. We need:

- linux maintainer
- website maintainer
- PR/documentation people (write articles about U++)

..feel free to add...

BTW, current "active" U++ team could be listed as:

- me, doing almost everything Wink
- Tom Rylek, U++ co-author, the only other person at the moment with write access to 'uppsrc'
- Daniel Kos - third person that knows U++ really in depth, regular dev release mainainer.
- Arilect - maintains this forum (speaking about it, what is your full name, ari? Smile
- Sandor Hojtsy - should sync website, but frankly there were not many changes to it... we would need www maintainer instead I think

Then there is quite a lot of knowledgeable contributors, full list is in TheIDE.

Mirek

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message