Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » PR, media coverage, articles and documentation » New user observations
Re: New user observations [message #4278 is a reply to message #4179] Mon, 31 July 2006 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
pivica is currently offline  pivica
I could help with next two things:

1. Web site. Currently u++ code generates web site. That is a good solution for generating document, reference and manual pages. But with this solution it is difficult to have dynamic web site (users, news, ...). Good solution is to use CMS for this. I have good working experience with Drupal CMS (www.drupal.org); made two web sites with it (www.linux-beograd.org.yu and www.cultrim.com) and currently working on one more, also with Drupal.
Drupal offers many features: users, roles, news, books, forum (also have module for fud forum integration), built in search engine, blog ...

Maybe it is a good idea to switch U++ site to CMS, and if we chose Drupal I am willing to make site, administer and teach at least one more person to administer site.

Only problem is how to transfer topic documentation to Drupal. Maybe it is possible to write some U++ code and automate process.

2. I am using Debian and Ubuntu and will try this week to make packages for it.

[Updated on: Mon, 31 July 2006 11:41]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message