Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » PR, media coverage, articles and documentation » Materials for articles: "U++ Core comparison to BOOST"
Re: Materials for articles: "U++ Core comparison to BOOST" [message #4314 is a reply to message #4303] Tue, 01 August 2006 08:14 Go to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Then of course it is a good oportunity to discuss. I was afraid that we are gathering resources for "great BOOST U++ comparison article" which is a bit scary idea to me.

As for U++ widgets being faster... Well, first of all, I am not quite sure they are necessary faster Smile

Easier to use, producing more compact and easier to maintain code for large apps, that is the design goal.

But of course, we are trying hard to be fast too. Concerning widgets, the most impact has effective repainting.

Also worth noting is that regular U++ widgets are not implemented as host platform widgets - in other words, for host platform it looks like U++ window is covered by single big widget. That might make things less resource intensive as well (sizeof(Ctrl) is now around 100 bytes, that are all resources needed for widget to exist).

Mirek

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Materials for Articls: "Ultimate++ history and design fundamentals"
Next Topic: U++ connection with other tools...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 17 23:25:31 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02356 seconds