Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » PR, media coverage, articles and documentation » Bit of bussines and money....
Re: Bit of bussines and money.... [message #7389 is a reply to message #6201] Tue, 26 December 2006 17:40 Go to previous message
captainc is currently offline  captainc
Experienced Member
Training and Consulting is a great idea. Try to work off donations and advertising for a few more releases and set a plan for training and consulting (will you travel, or use a webex like interface, etc). I think there is a HUGE market for a good cross-platform C++ full development environment; U++ looks to me to have the most potential.

Keep the licensing the same and I think you will get big business in training, consulting, and support packages (priority support for a fee, possibly phone support, guaranteed response within certain time frame, etc). I know I would push my company to have someone from your team provide some training on using the tool and also on the nuances of cross-platform development.

The only thing I would worry about as an enterprise developer at this stage though is project shut down, though the open nature of the project provides relief in that area. This worry will undoubtedly diminish as the project progresses.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message