Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » ArrayCtrl, HeaderCtrl & GridCtrl » How to get edit data in virtual ArrayCtrl?
How to get edit data in virtual ArrayCtrl? [message #9797] Wed, 30 May 2007 23:21 Go to previous message
steffen is currently offline  steffen

Hi,
I have a problem with ArrayCtrl with virtual data.

Background:
I'm trying to make a little utility for translation of texts for an embedded display solution I have.
It's a proprietary display, with a lousy SDK, but I have been able to change the drawing routine to accept additional characters. I have then made some new fonts with extra characters for german, danish and polish languages. The standard display supports ASCCI chars from 0x21 to 0x7F, and I simply added the needed characters on top of that.

My translation utility should now take an array of unicode strings and export it C source files with C style strings where the extended characters are exchanged with /x00 values.

Problem:
Since it's a translation utility I need to be able to add and remove column as I please, and neither ArrayCtrl or GridCtrl seems to be able to do that. GridCtrl can remove columns, but it seems I can only add columns before I add row data.

So I made a GridData class holding all my text data, and gave it all the functions I needed. Now using the virtual mode of ArrayCtrl I'm able to display data from my data pool with the following function:

Array<EditString> edits;
Array<VirtualField> fields;
GridData map;

void CANtrakTexts::PopulateGrid()
{
	text_grid.Reset();
	edits.Clear();
	fields.Clear();
	for (int i=0 ; i < map.GetColumnCount() ; i++)
	{
		text_grid.AddRowNumColumn(map.GetColumn(i), 180).Edit(edits.Add()).SetConvert(fields.Add(new VirtualField(i, &map)));
	}
	text_grid.SetVirtualCount(map.GetRowCount());
}

The problem is that when I edit the contents of a row and tries to intercept it in the WhenAcceptEdit callback, I have no idea where to find my submitted data:
void CANtrakTexts::OnAcceptEdit()
{
	String str;
	for (int i=0 ; i < text_grid.GetColumnCount() ; i++)
	{

// The ReadRow function returns nothing...
//		map.SetRow(i, text_grid.ReadRow(text_grid.GetClickRow()));

// The edits all returns 0...
		map.Set(i, text_grid.GetClickRow(), edits[i].GetData());

}
}

Could someone please tell me if it's possible and how?

Thank you in advance,
Steffen

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message icon14.gif
Read Message
Previous Topic: Get data from arrayctrl
Next Topic: GridCtrl align text in column
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 14 05:32:51 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02027 seconds