Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » Look and Chameleon Technology » Very strange issue with WindowBlinds
Very strange issue with WindowBlinds [message #13641] Fri, 18 January 2008 16:33 Go to previous message
cbpporter is currently offline  cbpporter
Ultimate Contributor
Hi!

I was trying to determine how to obtain the skin from the OS (under Windows), so I though that I'd install WindowBlinds, try out some skins and determine the limits of U++'s Chameleon.

Everything went pretty good and most stuff got skined somewhere between good and great (except for menus, which where universally very bad), but I have run into serious issues with the skin Classic, from Stardock Design (included in the evaluation package of WindowBlinds).

Using this skin, all U++ applications lock up after a time, except the IDE. You can load up any app, and after playing a lot with the interface and especially dragging other windows on top of the U++ application freezes it. I noticed that if you put your cursor over the window border buttons, the are not animated, like in other apps, and almost inevitably freeze the application again. Also, windows have text which is not visible when window is focused. And the strangest part is, TheIDE is immune to these issues. Window caption is present and buttons are animated. Does U++ touch window drawing. Does TheIDE have some extra code for it's windows?

The Classic skin was the only one I found that triggered this bugs. It could be that there is something wrong with it. Still, other applications have no problems with it, and it would be great if U++ apps would not lock up if there is something wrong with the theme (considering the myriad of user themes on the Internet). I was using Windows Vista.

PS: I'm trying to find out how U++ obtains the skining information. Could you direct me in the right direction? I'm trying to get the look of some controls which U++ does not cover.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Need wider SpinButton -- How?
Next Topic: HeaderCtrl adjustment...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 02 12:21:07 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02376 seconds