Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Packages » Why each package should reside in its own directory?
Re: Why each package should reside in its own directory? [message #18308 is a reply to message #18305] Mon, 22 September 2008 06:25 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Novo is currently offline  Novo
Ultimate Contributor
luzr wrote on Sun, 21 September 2008 18:23

Why cannot your original source code structure start at package folder? (with U++ wrapper if needed).

Because they are big and have complicated structure.
Actually, as I wrote previously, I found a solution.
I can create a fake package structure with no source code in it. The source code resides somewhere else. Absolute and relative path seem to work with project files, but the ability to use environment variables in project files (like SOMETHING_ROOT) would make them even more flexible. (Probably, it is already possible, and I just do not know how to do that.)

Quote:

Quote:

Another issue with UPP-project files is that project-files use absolute absolute paths. That makes impossible to move project files between computers and different OS.

Huh? The main purpose is to AVOID the need for absolute paths. All package file paths are package directory relative, UNLESS you use "Add any file" (which is only for the use in very specific situations).

Mirek

Sorry, it passed a long time since I opened this discussion, so I forgot the details Sad. I meant var-files. I believe they are assembly-files.

Basically, everything is fine with the assembly-package-etc structure. I like BLITZ and I'd like to convert all my projects to TheIDE. It is just not that easy because I have more than fifty of them. I cannot afford to wait for an hour till they all rebuild. So, I'm spending my time developing parsers and project-file generators.

Regards,
Novo

[Updated on: Mon, 22 September 2008 06:27]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message icon5.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: vsprintf() doesn't support "%I64u" format in Win32 platform?
Next Topic: Problem trying to run the example package OleCalc
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 10 14:20:45 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04939 seconds