Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Coffee corner » Java coffee...
Java coffee... [message #18216] Wed, 17 September 2008 19:14 Go to previous message
bytefield is currently offline  bytefield
Experienced Member
I want to know your opinion about Java language, programming in Java and web applications made with Java.

I don't know programming in Java, well, maybe just parts from Java which are like C++(for me Java is a C++ without some features Rolling Eyes ). I started programming with C++ (I'm sure I didn't made a mistake Razz maybe the mistake is that i don't know english very well to be clear in my expression ), i was also learning C as a subset of C++, I've read one book about Visual Basic.NET(I dislike this language) and then tried php(with [X]HTML and CSS) for web programming, but web programming didn't attracted me at all... From when I'm using Linux I've tried bash programming but just to solve my problems and to automate some process.

Nowadays one professor from my university is seeking to employ me and one classmate for working in Java, in special with Struts and another web technology from IBM (which i don't remember now) but i know their IDE is based on Eclipse. I have to specify that we both don't know Java and after talking with my classmate i found that he didn't like programming in Java too. (well maybe he like a bit if it will bring some money to him). I've showed also how GUI programming looks in C++ with Upp and he was astonished how simple and few lines of code you write in it compared with GUI programming in Java (We have some books about Java).

I'm asking if is worth learning Java and get employed(part time) by our professor or to stay with C++ and learning it better and better even if now I don't get a job for it. I would get that job just to get some new knowledge which maybe some day will help me. I think that 150 euro don't worth to learn Java Shocked yak, they are exploiting students to do programming for they Twisted Evil .

I know that is a long post and maybe still incomplete... but on your answers stay my future in programming Rolling Eyes well, maybe not at all because i'm thinking to not that job because i don't like to be employed.

cdabbd745f1234c2751ee1f932d1dd75

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: U++ Everywhere
Next Topic: UBUNTU 8.04 - /init: /init: 1: cannot open /dev/root: No such device or address
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 02:09:49 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03673 seconds