Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Extra libraries, Code snippets, applications etc. » U++ users applications in progress and useful code snippets, including reference examples! » Collaborative U++ Projects
Re: Collaborative U++ Projects [message #18271 is a reply to message #18270] Fri, 19 September 2008 18:01 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
captainc is currently offline  captainc
Experienced Member
Quote:

it is really fun (happens rarely, but it does)

That's basically the crowd I was aiming at. I enjoy collaborating on software projects... helps me learn too.
Quote:

If all the people who ever contributed to a text editor would have pulled their effort, we would have 2-3 extraordinary editors (which hopefully would not have turn out a monstrosity like emacs) and not 10 GUI ones installed almost by default,

I agree, but the main differences in many of the programs that have similar functionality is the programming language itself.
For example, TheIDE, it is another IDE for C++. Aren't there soo many of these? Why do we use it instead? Why not make a plugin for Eclipse that can auto-complete U++ and do what the hot keys do?
In my eyes, the main distinction with U++ is the development philosophy. I think it calls for a set of applications that cohere to its philosophy. Moreover, it is meant for cross platform compatibility. When you take into account the number of applications that are cross-platform, there are not too many of them.

I fully agree that the apps should be different and not reinvent the wheel.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Windows Systray examples needed
Next Topic: Trouble iterrating over VectorMap<String, String> - general StoreIniFile
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 13 14:15:57 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01864 seconds