Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Coffee corner » Pick overloaded by Rvalue?
Re: Pick overloaded by Rvalue? [message #19102 is a reply to message #19100] Wed, 12 November 2008 20:33 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
bytefield is currently offline  bytefield
Experienced Member
Mindtraveller wrote on Wed, 12 November 2008 20:34

bytefield wrote on Wed, 12 November 2008 14:20

It's just me or seems that C++ language is going down? Rolling Eyes
It`s a pity but C++ is "smallest evil". It is just still powerful and effective. Some time ago it was discussion of C++ alternatives, and it looks like it is nothing as effective and powerful. Yes, we had discussion about D, but IMO it is still no match in cases of efficiency. So for now we have no adequate alternatives... Sad

Well, it's still in top and that's matter. 3rd position is quite good for a language with such complexity and i think it will remain there(in top 3) for some years from now on.
I was talking with a colleague about C++ complexity and for those who know C++ new improvements added by new standardization aren't difficult to learn but just think at amount of information which have a beginner to learn, one who is starting with C++ from the ground up.

Quote:

Some time ago it was discussion of C++ alternatives, and it looks like it is nothing as effective and powerful.

Have you tried OOP with C? Razz I've read some papers that doing OOP is accessible also to C programmers but i wouldn't recommend doing that - take for example gtk+, it's object oriented but it's very hard to create a new widget in it without doing something wrong.

cdabbd745f1234c2751ee1f932d1dd75

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Looking for someone to convert a ulimate++ project to Microsoft Visual C++ project
Next Topic: Fantastic work!!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 11 06:33:27 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01778 seconds