Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » Draw, Display, Images, Bitmaps, Icons » Draw::DrawImageOp optimization bug
Re: Draw::DrawImageOp optimization bug [message #19470 is a reply to message #19456] Fri, 05 December 2008 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Tom1
Senior Contributor
Mirek,

Thank you for the latest fixes. I have tested with all my real printers with success using both dots and native mode. Now, I will also involve my client with the Epson printer to verify the results on that particular hardware. I would not expect any trouble on that, as the preview is OK.

With Microsoft XPS Document Writer + Viewer, there is still horizontal lines if the image gets even partly optimized. Over-painting the image segments does not help. (This can be seen if the Testcase image (O) is drawn with red on white instead of red on blue.) I assume this happens because the XPS Viewer smooths the image and the intensity at the edge of each colored image segment is lower than the pixel color due to smoothing. Therefore, each new stripe paints a narrow line with lighter color.

I suppose, the RLE optimization of images is just impossible with XPS but luckily appears to work well for real printers after the 'optimize-white-only' -change. I guess, there is just the 'disable RLE optimization' -flag left as an option to survive printing to XPS.

Overall, the changes have improved the printing sub-system compatibility and printing quality. Especially the native mode has been an extremely welcome feature.

Thanks and regards,

Tom

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Extensions to Draw...Ops
Next Topic: Compile package with iml file problem!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 18 05:20:17 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03704 seconds