Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Library : Other (not classified elsewhere) » User lists of "bad" naming of classes, functions etc in U++...
Re: User lists of "bad" naming of classes, functions etc in U++... [message #11583 is a reply to message #11575] Tue, 18 September 2007 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
unodgs is currently offline  unodgs
Ultimate Contributor

tvanriper wrote on Mon, 17 September 2007 20:43

GridCtrl and ArrayCtrl are similar controls in that they provide a spreadsheet-like view into rows and columns of data.
Consequently, I think there's an advantage in making sure their functions are named similarly, as someone may elect to switch between them (in fact, I switched from an ArrayCtrl to a GridCtrl recently in my work).
GridCtrl::IsSelected and ArrayCtrl::IsSelect are just close enough to being the same that it seems a shame not to make the names match.

IsSelect is not grammaticaly correct Wink I was trying to follow ArrayCtrl interface, but there is too much differences now and there will be more in the future (new outstanding gridctrl is comming Wink ) But in cases like IsSelect I agree that they could be the same. The only problem is : what to choose?

[Updated on: Tue, 18 September 2007 08:45]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message