Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Extra libraries, Code snippets, applications etc. » C++ language problems and code snippets » capturing stdout/err/in of subprocess
Re: capturing stdout/err/in of subprocess [message #1705 is a reply to message #1703] Tue, 14 March 2006 12:04 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Quote:

You're right, I don't understand Smile (though I was trying to respond to Wilho). But however, I'm curious. I've only used Linux terminal a little but like many people, I use cmd.exe a lot and I'm struggling to see where cmd.exe performs the echoing of user input you refer to e.g. if I do CL /?, the "CL" application is fed keys and does its own echoing (if any) - cmd.exe doesn't do the echoing. I would have thought any echoing is done by the application itself, via stdout.

void main() { getchar(); }

Start that. The program will stop, allowing you to enter the line of input characters. Now this "enter the line of characters" is that "echoing" I am speaking about. And, AFAIK, this is not done by program, but terminal (in any case, it is terminal responsibility that if you press backspace, last character is removed from the input line).

Quote:

Any way, not to worry. I don't know how to build an atomic bomb either ...

Explaining to you always pays off... Usually it leads to solving the problem. I am not sure why, but it is almost a rule Wink

Mirek

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message