FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Coffee corner » "(national) C compiler"
Re: "(national) C compiler" [message #20706 is a reply to message #20703] Wed, 01 April 2009 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
kbyte is currently offline  kbyte
Ok, three ideas:

1- "Actually, C is pretty simple. I believe I could do basic C compiler in a week (badly optimizing, compiling to e.g. x86 assembly)."

This is the most interesting but even not wanting an optimized compiler I think it requires a great knowledge on assembly, which is not my case. Sad

2-"Well, I wouldn't invest effort into this except with macros. You could parse the compiler errors and with basic regex get it to talk about your keywords."

It seems very interesting for me Smile. Just define the macros and parse existing compiler output...

3- But if you want a "true" solution, I still suggest taking a C compiler and just changing what the keywords are. If you're lucky, you wont have to edit some lexer tool generated tables. LCC and clang are good candidates. If you're feeling brave, you could try to tackle GCC. GCC may be complex and not very coder friendly (it's sources), but changing the lexer should be accessible."

Seems interesting too for me.

I will try third option first and if too complex or takes too long i will try the second option.

Thanks once again
Kim

(Our team: Kim, Alex and Jose)

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message