Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: CodeEditor, Assist++, Topic++ » Navigator Bar Search results
Re: Navigator Bar Search results [message #21270 is a reply to message #21269] Mon, 11 May 2009 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
piotr5 wrote on Mon, 11 May 2009 07:00

of course the svn-version right before that! Smile

I tried the new version (saturday-to-sunday google-svn), and unfortunately it doesn't write any "globals" (like for example the Upp::StrInt function) at all as search-results, but only as part of the file where they got defined. really not a good idea to disallow searching for something which can get displayed otherwise...

Not quite sure what you mean. New navigator simply searches for anything you type there... File, class, method, function, variable...

Quote:

another critique on the new version is about the buttons: they take up too much space to put them in the same line as the

I guess I go spoiled by my new widescreen Smile

Maybe we can reduce the number of buttons?

Quote:

text-box for the search, and they have absolutely no influence on the search. are there plans to change that?

It definitely works for me. First four buttons narrow the search to current nest, current package, current file, last button sorts "scope" list alphabetically (normally, it is sorted in order of first appearance in .h file).

In any case, I can easily remove asteriks button (search all) - that can be done by deactivating rest of buttons.

Then of course there is question whether to remove "nest" or "package"? Or maybe "file"? (I am not using neither, but I have read that people at least like "file" button).

Quote:

resize this thing, it's just that the buttons should be made smaller and actually influence the search. just my own opinion...

If they do not, it is weird bug. It works for me...

Quote:

a feature-request I also have: in the old version there were 3 search-boxes, so I got the idea that maybe one search-box could narrow down the search of the other search-box. i.e. I search for all classes with the name "vector", and then refine that search to find all push-methods in them. now with only a single search-box I propose a pin-down button to clear the search-text while leaving the search-results intact such that subsequent searches will only display the and-combined search (maybe with a tool-tip above the related button telling which words were searched for previously, and a pressed-down button indicating that this is a refined search)...

Hm, looks like one cannot make everybody happy... I thought that single search field will be an advantage and step in the right direction Smile

I will think about it.

Mirek

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message