Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: CodeEditor, Assist++, Topic++ » Navigator Bar Search results
Re: Navigator Bar Search results [message #21279 is a reply to message #21276] Mon, 11 May 2009 14:35 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
cbpporter is currently offline  cbpporter
Ultimate Contributor
luzr wrote on Mon, 11 May 2009 15:16

But then you would need "nest" as well... (more packages in project).

Yes, and that would lead to current setup, wouldn't it? I have wide screen so I don't really care one way ot the other as long as package and file remain Smile. As for multiple packages, except for small changes, I found that it is best to do everything that comes to mind in one package and then start with the next. Also long compile times have thought me to write a lot of code and compile rarely.

Quote:

No problem, you can do it now. In Output mode.

I know. What I meant is without the assembly windows stepping through the code. I would like something that simulates the way I debug things. For example:
MyFunction("aaa" + s, UppFunction(MyFunctionAgain));

I would like to step into MyFunction and see the parameters and it's execution. But I have to step over String constructor, String concatenation, UppFunction. I could just put a breakpoint, but that would mean I can predict exactly what is going to happen which is generally not true when I'm debugging. I would like the debugger to step over all function calls from a given package, like Core. This could be simulated by causing a step into. If method is from excluded package, keep stepping over until execution would return to original file. I don't know if the level of control one has over MS debugger is enough to achieve this with relative ease.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message