Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Other Features Wishlist and/or Bugs » TheIde Pixelated icons?
Re: TheIde Pixelated icons? [message #22004 is a reply to message #22001] Sun, 14 June 2009 16:51 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
ptDev is currently offline  ptDev
Promising Member
Hello,

I got these originally in .png format, from a .NET coding friend who got them from the Visual Studio image library.

The ReadMe file states:
Use Restrictions:

These common elements are to be used in the development and illustration of new custom imagery. As part of a visual language, these images (or any part of the images) must be used in a manner consistent with the name of the file, which is self-descriptive of the action, or verb, that the imagery represents.

There is no license notice included in the zip, so it seems that the only use restriction is that these images should be used consistently.

EDIT: Found the license terms somewhere online. The Image Library is considered "Distritutable Code", which is open to copying, distributing and modifying, with a few restrictions.

Distributable Code:

The software contains code that you are permitted to distribute in programs you develop if
you comply with the terms below.
Image Library. You may copy and distribute images and animations in the Image Library as described in
the software documentation. You may also modify that content. If you modify the content, it must be for
use that is consistent with the permitted use of the unmodified content.
Distribution Restrictions. You may not
• alter any copyright, trademark or patent notice in the Distributable Code;
• use Microsoft’s trademarks in your programs’ names or in a way that suggests your programs come from or
are endorsed by Microsoft;
• distribute Distributable Code to run on a platform other than Microsoft operating systems, run-time
technologies or application platforms;
• include Distributable Code in malicious, deceptive or unlawful programs; or
• modify or distribute the source code of any Distributable Code so that any part of it becomes subject to an
Excluded License. An Excluded License is one that requires, as a condition of use, modification or
distribution, that
• the code be disclosed or distributed in source code form; or
• others have the right to modify it.

EDIT: I see the confusion caused by my wording. While I've been making (in the way of compiling together) this U++ package, I'm not the author of these icons. I edited my post above to clarify this.

[Updated on: Sun, 14 June 2009 17:25]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message icon13.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: An unimportant bug - Clicking detail arrow when debugging crashes TheIDE
Next Topic: PROPOSAL: "MyClass + MyClassTest" Template in TheIDE
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 09 23:48:11 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02057 seconds