Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Other Features Wishlist and/or Bugs » Debugging console app?
Re: Debugging console app? [message #29021 is a reply to message #29019] Sat, 02 October 2010 14:01 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

kattle87 wrote on Sat, 02 October 2010 12:48

hello here, new user reporting in! I just found this tool like 2 days ago, and I already love it.

I'm posting here because I think this bug is strictly related to the one discussed in this thread.

I'm trying to debug a C++ (windows) console application: everything looks like working, including locals, watches, and whatever, but the console is not shown (EG: no "cmd" windows is opened, so input and output are not possible). I tried both creating an empty project and "core console app", but had no luck.

Of course, running program by ctrl+F5 works flawlessly. Is there anything that can be done about that? I don't care too much seing gdb lines around, but the "std::cout" of my code is somewhat important to me. Razz

Hi Francesco

Welcome to U++ and to the forum! Just a word of warning: U++ is highly addictive Wink

It is not a bug, strictly speaking, more of a design problem. Not sure if there is some solution, but I can offer you a workaround.

If you need to see only output, you can redirect it to a file and watch that. This can be done in Debug > Runtime options ... Than you can open the specified file and watch it during the debugging. Unfortunately there is no such workaround for stdin Sad Actually attempt to read from stdin while running in debugger makes the app hang, if I am not mistaken...

Best regards,
Honza

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message