Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: CodeEditor, Assist++, Topic++ » Fold/Unfold in code editor [FEATURE REQUEST]
Re: Fold/Unfold in code editor [message #2071 is a reply to message #2069] Fri, 31 March 2006 12:37 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
unodgs is currently offline  unodgs
Ultimate Contributor

gprentice wrote on Fri, 31 March 2006 05:05

This might have been suggested already, but in case not, with "navigate in the file" (Ctrl G), a possibility is to allow selection of what type of C++ elements are listed e.g. you might want to see only function names - many editors provide the ability to display a list of the names of functions in the current file so you can find a particular function quickly. It's probably true that variable and class definitions etc. would mostly come before function definitions in a source file (they usually do in my code) but this means scrolling down to see them (in the Ctrl G window). Also, ideally, it would be possible to have one "hot-key" that brings up the Ctrl G window with function definitions only and one that brings up everything (or whatever you last selected) or something or other ...

Graeme

There could be tabctrl in Ctrl G window with sheets:
all, functions, variables, classes..

PS: This is the good time to renew my request about 'tabbed'workspace. See attached screenshot to see what I mean (sorry for my terrible painting skills Wink )

Edit:
I moved the screenshot to "Tabbed workspaces..." topic (saving space Smile) fudadmin

[Updated on: Fri, 31 March 2006 13:55] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message