Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Other Features Wishlist and/or Bugs » tabs settings in editor not honoured
tabs settings in editor not honoured [message #25437] Tue, 23 February 2010 16:20 Go to previous message
frankdeprins is currently offline  frankdeprins
The settings concerning indentation and tabs for the editor in theIDE are often lost (you set them and after restarting or setting another main package, they are reset to their default values of 4 spaces and using tab characters for indentation).
Moreover; when you check the setting to use spaces for indentations, still tab characters are used.
This was observed on windows vista 32bit using U++ r2083.

2010-03-14: Hmm; looking at the sources, it seems normal that these settings are saved per package. Strange; does anyone really want different tab settings per package? And the other problem I mentioned is because I expected the tab key to follow the settings and use spaces as well. Also looking at the sources, this seems not to be the case.

Anyway, I created a diff file to apply this changed tab-key behaviour locally for my own builds and, if you are interested, I am happy to send it.

[Updated on: Sun, 14 March 2010 12:04]

Report message to a moderator

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Color of selection: filebar, assist, package selections...
Next Topic: Menu losing 'focus' when building?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 05:36:04 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03295 seconds