Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Library : Other (not classified elsewhere) » Microsoft Compiler Internal Error
Microsoft Compiler Internal Error [message #25480] Thu, 25 February 2010 12:22 Go to previous message
frankdeprins is currently offline  frankdeprins
At some point in the U++ code, there is a code line that often (depends on build settings) raises an Internal Compiler Error for Microsoft compilers from Visual Studio/C++ 2003/2005 and 2008. This is a known problem at Microsoft an several people have reported it, not only in U++ sources. For me, it has the consequence that I cannot build theIDE.exe with MS compilers in release mode (Debug mode and any mode of Mingw works fine, but the exe is much larger and I prefer MS builds).
The solution/workaround, suggested by Microsoft, is to locally switch off code optimization.

The code where this happens in U++ is at line 54 of 'uppsrc/RichText/TextOp.cpp' and I already tried this suggestion out and attached the modified source. It 'fixes' the ICE indeed and I was wondering if you could make this change to your sources.

Thanks in advance.

PS: The ICE seems to have been fixed in Visual Studio/C++ 10 (it was still present in the beta's).
  • Attachment: TxtOp.cpp
    (Size: 8.60KB, Downloaded 293 times)

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: [BUG] Win32DnD.cpp: tagPOINT has no member named ToString
Next Topic: compiling u++ with VC2008
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 02 06:49:43 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05118 seconds