Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Extra libraries, Code snippets, applications etc. » U++ users applications in progress and useful code snippets, including reference examples! » How to combine two widget-class in the topwindow
Re: How to combine two widget-class in the topwindow [message #2100 is a reply to message #2090] Fri, 31 March 2006 23:14 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
forlano is currently offline  forlano
Senior Contributor
fudadmin wrote on Fri, 31 March 2006 19:17

1. Complex interfaces should be more or less evenly distributed among classes and their constructors. That's why classes exists!
2. I personally know 3 main ways of creating widgets:
2.1 As Mirek mentioned here - with Layout Designer
2.2 Program everything yourself by hand
2.3 Copy code from *.lay files and create your own programmed classes.
Which case you would like to discuss?

The package AddressBook shows how to integrate the product of the Layout Designer with the code. Unfortunately I saw strange signs like <...> , Embarassed , that I do not understand yet... So points 2.1 and 2.3 cannot be discussed with me, at least not in the immediate future.

Fortunatly remains another possibility, 2.2. It should be the most general approach although at the cost to write more code lines... but I'm ready.

The current problem is to put between the menubar and the status bar a group of 4 tab pages. Each of them will contain other widgets. I've inquired the available documentation and the code example to get useful advices but both AddressBook and theIde packages use layout files. So I do not know how to let appear some thing that could resemble a tabbed window. Nevertheless I tried many weird things like that below good to open a window but without tabs.
Any advices for a minimalist approach as the example below? After that something will appear I will try to merge it with the menu and status bar and then start to fill each tab.
Thank you,
Luigi

#include <CtrlLib/CtrlLib.h>

GUI_APP_MAIN
{  
    TopWindow w;
    TabCtrl tab0, tab1;

//AddFrame(tab0);
	w.Add(tab0, "one");
	w.Add(tab1, "two");	
	w.Run();
}

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Mouse over button example -"catch me if you can..."
Next Topic: "Forlano tabs" - how to reduce a headache by the proper use of the designer...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon May 13 13:53:54 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02632 seconds