Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: CodeEditor, Assist++, Topic++ » how to create .tppi and .i files (and a working .tpp in a RichTextView)
Re: how to create .tppi and .i files (and a working .tpp in a RichTextView) [message #34692 is a reply to message #34643] Tue, 06 December 2011 15:51 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
jibe is currently offline  jibe
Experienced Member
Hi,

BioBytes wrote on Fri, 02 December 2011 21:52

It is not necessay a lack of documentation that could impede new users coming to U++ but where to find the information in tpp or forum.

Yes, it's what I said : there is already some good doc, but often not easy to find...

However U++ is definitively a great IDE more innovative and faster than wxWidgets

I never used wxWidgets and cannot compare, but yes, U++ is a great, nice to use and innovative IDE Smile

see dolik and some other U++ "gurus" efforts

Yes, thank to them, things are better and better. And they also help a lot on the forum, it's also very important for beginners Smile

But I think that, sometimes, they could make doc rather than explaining things in the forum several times. I know : it's a difficult choice, and often it seems faster to reply quickly in the forum than to make a doc. But it's often that you have to collect pieces of informations in several topics on the forum, and this is discouraging more especially for beginners !

Saying that, I I acknowledge my own responsibility too : even if I'm not an expert, when I gathered pieces of information about some badly or not documented class, I could take some time to make or enhance the doc Embarassed

I would say that PromptOK does not seem strange to me and comes rapidly familiar with time.

Sure ! The problem is not that it seems strange by itself, but compared to others IDE/languages ! Yes, as soon as you know, it becomes familiar, but how much time did you spent to discover it ? For me, I cannot say exactly, but it was a lot, and finally I made my own, and some time later, I discovered it by chance in the forum ! With a more standard name like MsgBox, I should have found it a lot faster !

At least, the list of common dialog boxes should be listed in this index Wink (I'll try to do that ASAP, but have other docs to do that others cannot make easily).

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: [BUG] Or at least strange behavior, in Set active
Next Topic: [FEATURE] Alt+L shall do GoBack when the log file is opened (patch included)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 21 10:20:06 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02212 seconds